.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This is a deliberate lie created and spread around by some nit wit and I fell for it

Obama Explains National Anthem Stance

Is this guy crazy or what!

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:48:04 -0400, 'LT. Bill Ginn' USAF ret forwarded:

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.'

As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people inthe world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World toSing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

OMG! This man could be our next President!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp

Posting utter lies again. Why don't you check things out before you post them? Now you have people in an uproar over what is simply a lie.

You owe Barack an apology.

June 17, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Damn it. You're absolutely right. It came from a person that I thought was smarter than to send me some stupid lie and when the comment was so out there, I should have at least double checked. Unfortunately the man has said so many stupid things that it was far too easy to believe this one too. I was wrong and I will never make that mistake again. Thank you for taking the time to correct me.

Barack, sorry dude.

June 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home