.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hi again!!!

I'm about to go to bed but I wanted to pop in and chat for a little while. I was speaking to a friend of mine who is letting a friend move in with her before the end of the month. I just asked her what was in it for her and she had no answer. She really didn't know.

I asked her if she realized that life as she knows it is over once she does that. She stopped and stared for a minute. Then I said, "If you are OK with that, think about your kids...is it worth THEIR life being so disturbed?" Then I told her to ask her boyfriend and a couple of other people who she respects for their opinions too. Maybe she will realize what she's giving up and grab her life back before she gives it away.

I am never, ever, ever going to have a roommate again. If I ever get out of the mess that I'm in now, I promise you, I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN! It seemed like an easy solution to a problem that I was having but I really would have been better off getting a part time job at McDonald's for the little bit of cash that I would get. If she paid half the rent, I would be able to make that amount if I were working a second job and I would be able to work for a set number of hours and then I'd be done. Roommates don't give you any set number of hours, they're always there or they're always potentially there.

I wish I would have mentioned it here before I ever got myself in this predicament. Maybe you guys would have talked me out of it before I did something so stupid. I'm hoping to keep my friend from making the same mistake that I did. I have to go home and face that situation sooner or later and I just don't want to deal with it at all.

Oh well. Maybe someone out there will read this and stop before they let someone move into their house. I'm sure there are times when it works out well, but it's just not worth the hassle for the slim hope that you are the ONE person in 100 who has a successful roommate relationship. Two months is a long time to live with someone whom you have evicted before they move out.

My friend has the most beautiful little girl that I've seen since my own daughter grew up. She's a charming little thing who is smiling 100% of the time and she hasn't been rude, mean or disobedient once since I've been spending time with them. My girlfriend adopted her from China. I've mentioned her before...it's my friend who had so many problems trying to get pregnant and she finally did have a baby boy and she just didn't waste anytime trying to have a girl, she just went to China to get one. And I must say, she got a good one. I'd love to go get one myself. (Here is my friend's pregnancy saga: http://diaryofmydivorce.blogspot.com/2007/08/today-i-was-reading-blog.html )

I'm exhausted. I don't think I've slept more than 3 or 4 hours a day in the past week and I really need to try to get some sleep tonight. I doubt it will work, but I think I'm going to try. Last night I went to bed at 3 AM after sitting up chatting all night and then I woke up at 6:30 this morning and could NOT fall back to sleep. I would have been able to but I made myself too mad by laying there thinking about what happened in court yesterday. Once again, I'll tell you about it soon, as soon as I have the cash. I don't want anything stupid to happen before I get it.

But trust me, when I do...I will have one DOOZY of a story to tell. Damn...I NEED to tell someone!

OK then, I must try to go get some sleep tonight....hopefully, I'll be back with about 6 or 7 hours of sleep behind me in the morning!!!

Meg

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we are hanging to find out all about it! Hurry up and get that blasted cheque already hehe

July 25, 2008  
Blogger Anne Arky said...

Meg,

I thought I had told you enough of my roommate woes to scare you away from such a horrific course of action! I would rather live in my car than ever have a roommate again!

July 26, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Apparently not.

:(

July 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home