.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

About an hour and a half ago...

...I heard what sounded like a child screaming. I ran into my bedroom to see what it was and I found my older cat, McFly, under my bed in a puddle of vomit. He was shaking terribly so I pulled him out and laid him on the bed. I was surprised he let me do that. Then, he surprised me again by letting me wrap him up in a blanket. Usually when I do that I'm about to give him medicine.

I held him for a few minutes to see if the shaking would stop but it didn't. I figured he was just scared. He didn't stop shaking and then he started drooling so I just took him to the vet. On the way there, McFly started shaking so violently that I knew he was having seizures.

I don't know what's wrong with him but the vet gave him Valium and got him calmed down a bit. I had to leave him there and I have NO CLUE how I'm going to pay for this. I was hoping it would be something simple but I never have simple problems to solve so I don't know why I thought that this one would be.

I just got back and when I walked in, Payton was looking behind me to see where McFly was. When it first happened, Payton just backed up and let me do what I had to do. He knew something was wrong with McFly. So, when I walked in without him, I don't know what Payton was thinking but he isn't happy about this. He gets very upset when one of his four legged friends goes away.

Well, I guess I should go clean the cat vomit off of my carpet.

I'll let you know if I hear anything from the vet.

UPDATE:

McFly had to be sedated again so that they could start an IV in his poor little leg. I asked if they had visiting hours, they don't but they said that they shouldn't be busy at 3:30 so I'm going to go visit him and take them his food because I know he won't eat anything else. They aren't feeding him yet but when they do start, I want them to have the right food.

Later on:

I went to visit him and drop off the food. He's hooked up to an IV and he looks so pathetic in there. But, he tried to kiss me, usually if I pucker my lips, he'll come up and touch my mouth with his, today he was initiating the kisses and the forehead rubs that he does to show affection. That made me feel better, he knew me and he wanted to leave with me and he was healthy enough to do all of those things hoping I would take him with me. It was so sad to leave him there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

I hope he doesn't have what I think he has......I had a kitten get sick this way before, and the kitten had to be put to sleep. Watching an animal have a seizure is horrible, because there is really nothing you can do.

I am SO sorry

August 26, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

They don't know what's wrong with him. Thanks for your comment, it WAS awful and I didn't know what the heck to do for him so I just wrapped him up and rushed him to the vet.

:(

August 26, 2008  
Blogger akakarma said...

So sorry Meg- I know how you feel about your pets. How old is he? Could be anything from blood sugar to stroke so might as well wait to see although they will probably know from his bloodwork something to be able to direct their search and tx. I'm sending my best wishes for what that's worth. Poor little guy- it's good that he's responding to your visit.

August 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Stewi can come stay with me while McFly gets better. And I DO hope McFly gets better. Poor baby!!

August 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home