.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008




Some days I feel like perked coffee, some days I feel like dripped. Sometimes I even like to use a French press...but mine broke. :(

I've had a rough 24 hours. Shortly after I taped the Iced Tea thing, I started to be badly. To make long story short, I called my doctor, I did what he said and now I'm home with all of my prescription refills. I have enough blood pressure medicine to last 3 months thanks to Sam's Club for starting that 4 dollar prescription list.

Now a bunch of drug stores are trying to do simlar stuff. Kroger's new thing is 10 bucks for a THREE MONTH supply of the pills. No co-pay I ever had could have beaten THAT price. It has to make you wonder, how much DO these businesses make on medication?

I know they get collateral orders as well, but I really didn't. I just got some meds that I used to pay a 10 dollar co-pay to purchase. I don't know what they charged the insurance companies.

Now that same 10 dollars is paying the ENTIRE cost of three of what I used to get for that co-pay.

Whatever, I got myself taken care of for now. And, I've created a how-to video about how to make coffee like the suburban pioneers of the last century did.

I hope you like it! Hell, I hope it worked!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked with my pharmacy about the cost of one of my meds without insurance...$435.00!!!! And the generic form is $356.00. That is just insane to me.

Tracie

August 19, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OMG! When I had the cancer, I had medicines that were hundreds of dollars a month too. It was insane. The Marinol, which was the only thing that would allow me to eat, was 400 itself. I took two meds that we tier 3 meds (I think that's what they called them)meaning the co pays were close to 100 bucks.

When I went to the pharmacy, the doc had ordered a dosage that wasn't on their list so they had to fax the doc and ask for what I wrote down, which was exactly the same way that the 3 month supply was.

Someone is making a LOT of money on those medicines!

Meg

August 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home