.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I could be wrong...

...but I think I set a record last night. It would appear as though I was stood up twice in the same night. I don't even remember being stood up once in a night and now I can say it happened twice.

To be fair to the second guy, he just put me off so long that I started watching To Kill a Mockingbird and by then I had no desire to go anywhere. I put on my jammies and sat back and watched the movie. The phone rang but we didn't answer it. Oh well, at least he sent me an e-mail apologizing (gag).

I have some other priorities right now so it's not a big deal, but I do occasionally want to go out and have a guy pay for the fun. That may make me a bad person but I'm not the only one and anyway, it is what it is.

This morning I got up and took the dog for a walk. Then, for some stupid reason, I thought it would be a good idea to let him run along side of me as I rode a bike. I didn't even make it out of the driveway. He just didn't get it, all he wanted to do was chew on me and I don't like being chewed on by a dog...not even my own. So, I took him home and went for a ride myself. At one point I looked down at my leg and noticed all of the dog slobber on my pants leg. That's what I get for putting clean clothes on at 6:30 in the morning. I should have put on something funky like the pants I wear when I work in the yard but I didn't think my dog would slime me. Now I know and he'll never go on a bike ride again...this dog is too old to learn that new trick.

Oh, I just remembered something. The first guy who stood me up last night got an earful of Lily Allen's Fuck You song over the telephone. I doubt that I would have done it if he was the only one who had stood me up but as I was waiting for the second dude, I started getting really annoyed so I had the song qued up to the Fuck You chorus so when he answered, I just put the phone up to the speaker and smiled. This morning I'm not the least bit apologetic...but now I know WHY he won't be calling again.

I don't get you guys. If it were a blind date, I could see a guy calling an audible but these two yahoos knew who I was and they asked ME out. Men...what are ya gonna do?

By the way, if you are going to apologize to a woman for standing her up, you should make a phone call. Another hint...if you DO send an e-mail, this is not a good way to do it:

"sorry got tied up we woulda had fun bet t b fun to gdt naked with yum"

Obviously that one was NOT on the same page as was I. Our discussions were all about hanging out and having fun. NO one mentioned nudity so I guess it's a good thing that last night didn't work out.

A friend of mine joined a dating service years ago...before the Internet. I doubt that I would have ever done that before but after seeing what they matched her up with, I'm damn sure I won't do it now. The guy she was set up with, and eventually married, was a bum and my friend is a productive member of society. She pays her bills, he needed someone to pay his. She is as honest as they come, he's a liar from way back, almost as good as my own ex. She doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs, he does all of the above. She's a loving parent, he used to leave his kids in an apartment with no electricity while he left for the day. She could have thrown a rock into a crowd and hit a better guy than that one.

Oh well, speaking of being productive, I must go try it myself.

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home