.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

It's one of those days when I don't have to think about what to cook for dinner because the day dictates the menu...corned beef, cabbage and potatoes is the fare of the day. I'll begin cooking it early because it's not St. Patty's Day if your home doesn't smell like corned beef by noon.

I don't know why they call it "corned" beef, there isn't a bit of corn in it. I'll probably cook carrots with the rest of the meal but there won't be a kernel of corn anywhere to be found.

Also, with brain surgery, arrest warrants and 2 men out of my life, I think I can get ready to have Greyhound pay for their despicable actions that allowed me to have 2 vertebrae messed up in my neck. For some reason, all of the above mentioned distractions have stood in my way as I've tried to get on with my life lately.

I didn't do anything to deserve the brain surgery, I haven't done anything in years to be arrested but the dumping of the 2 men is all me. I became sick of them both, one constantly coming up with excuses why we had to meet at my place, leading me to think he was married and one who only took me out to eat at the diner down the street and to an occasional shopping trip at Goodwill. I don't mind either of those things, but I like to actually go OUT occasionally.

I went out the other day and picked a guy up because I wanted to...that was fun. Today is day 3 so if he's going to call me, it should be today. If not, I'll go out and find another one. Men are all over and I really do like them, I just seem to get bored easily so I haven't really been able to handle the same one for any length of time. Maybe someday I'll find one that doesn't bore me, but I kinda doubt it. It was tough enough to find one I really liked when I was in my 20's, I doubt I can find one that I like now.

The one I met the other day bet me that he was older than I was, I had to take him up on that and trust that I was still, as usual, the oldest person in the room. I was right, I was older than he and for that I won a beer that I didn't really want...but I did win. Then, I challenged him to a game of pool and he "warned" me that he "has a pool table at home" but I had faith in the fact that I'm as good at shooting pool as I am at being the oldest person in the room. I was right, after his stern warning, I kicked his ass.

Perhaps I need to find an old man who can beat me at pool so I can let the men walk around with some of their self respect.

Nah, I like WINNING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home