.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, January 06, 2012

Thoughts For Today

San Francisco has stifled the happiness of many children by eliminating toys from Happy Meals at McDonald's. Luckily for me, I'm not in San Francisco...I'm in Florida. I ordered a Happy Meal the other day and after I put down my kid's size iced tea, I reached into my Happy Meal, pulled out my Mccy D's fries (some of the best fries in the world if salted just right), my hamburger and my toy. BUT...my Happy Meal was not over because my Happy Meal bag wasn't empty. Much to my surprise and happiness, I pulled out an airplane size bag of butter cookies. That's right folks, while the fascists in California were busy taking the toys OUT of their Happy Meals, the lovely Florida McDonald's people were putting dessert IN the Happy Meals sold here. Now THAT'S happiness.

As I was cleaning my bedroom this evening, I found my To-Do List. There was nothing on it. At least I found the sucker. I also found my driver's license, one of my good bras I'd been missing for weeks and my small lap-top computer.

My sister is an optician and the doctor she works with gives family of employees free eye exams. This morning I had to accompany my father to his appointment because they would be putting dilating drops in his eyes. He still wanted to drive home. I let him because I had a really bad headache and if he so much as tapped another car, I was demanding a ride to the hospital where they keep the morphine. We had about 3 close calls, but he never actually hit anything and he drove just well enough to be able to continue complaining about the idiots and assholes that were driving around us.

I went on a "first date" with a guy tonight. As we were driving, he threw trash out the car window even though he had a bag designated for trash in the front seat floorboard. If I ever see him again, it will be to throw a fistful of rubbish in his face. I'd drive around with garbage in my cars for hours looking for a trash can before I would EVER toss it out the window. It can't be just me...this guy knows about this blog so if you understand how despicable I felt when he littered our planet, please leave a comment to that effect. Fell free to comment anonymously, using foul language if you must.

I'm pretty sure I'll think again in the morning so I'll be back with more of that.

:):):)

7 Comments:

Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Sounds like your first date needs to be the last date with the litterbug.

January 07, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, littering is definitely a deal breaker. If you can't respect our planet, the thing we absolutely need to survive, then how can I expect you to respect me too. Kick him to the curb and move on! :-)

January 07, 2012  
Anonymous Wendy in Houston. said...

I HATE when people litter. I usually honk at people I see throw stuff out the window! To me that is sheer laziness.

January 07, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did your date take you to McDonald's for dinner? The only thing worse than the people who throw trash out the car window are the ones who dump out their ashtray. Gross!

January 07, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOL, good call. We didn't go there for dinner but he HAD to stop for a burger because he was STARVING. I doubt it had anything to do with the fact that the place we were going was expensive. BTW, it WAS McDonald's trash he tossed out the window.

I've been dating since the early 70s and never once has a man done that, until now. I was shocked, majorly shocked.

January 07, 2012  
Anonymous Mark said...

That is pretty crazy that in this day that people litter in front of someone else. Good for you for dumping him to the curb. You blog is really interesting.

April 01, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yeah, I kicked that one to the curb, I just wish no one had to sweep it first1

April 02, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home