.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, April 06, 2013

Warning...You just might have a gay!



It's vexing to consider that at the same time Einstein walked this planet, people were coming up with this fine example of ignorance. I don't think it matters what your own sexuality mores may be, chances are you know that homosexuality is NOT contagious. When it comes to our sexual persuasion, I think that most of us are pretty set in our ways. Rock Hudson, Richard Simmons and Liberace could all be locked in a small room with me for the entire cold and flu season...and at the end of my stay, I'm quite sure that I would still walk away strictly dickly.

I admit that I did ONCE touch a woman's breast (outside of work, there were sex organs all over people in the hospital) but that was only because she had just had a breast implant and her boobs were in the "hard as a rock" phase She was telling me about that and I was curious so I asked if I could touch one. She didn't mind at all and I went right ahead and touched that titty. BTW, as a confident straight chick, I must quote Elaine Benes and submit that "They were SPECTACULAR!" But even that nice rack did nothing to me other than make me feel totally inadequate.

I've also known many lesbians. I met my first lesbian (as far as I knew, she was the first. Who knows what was going on in high school? I was home babysitting 5 younger siblings every night.) when I was 18 and working as a nurses aide in a nursing home in Petaluma California. This one chick and I hit it off at work and eventually we started eating our lunch together, sitting outside in the grass and sunshine, and we would talk about anything and everything. One day she just told me that she was "a lesbian". My honest and immediate response was to smile and gleefully query, "Can I touch you? I've never met a lesbian before!) She laughed and appreciated my naive and sincere affect that was totally lacking judgment of any kind. She was my friend before she was my first lesbian and that friendship continued for years. I never once felt that she saw me as anything more than a friend. I was married and obviously NOT lesbian. Besides, as sweet and pretty as she was, I'm quite sure she was quite the catch. She was one of your better eligible lesbians so I really doubt that she needed to hit on married women.





That chick was my first lesbian, but she wasn't my first homosexual. That honor goes to the best teacher I ever had. He taught my public speaking class and he was the coach of the speech, debate and reader's theater team and I was on the team. My try-out consisted of one persuasive speech and one joke. I couldn't tell you what my persuasive speech was about but I'll never forget the stupid joke that got me on the team:

"A little boy is riding his tricycle down the street and as he passes the state penitentiary, he sees a man running out the front door shouting, "I'm free! I'm free!" The little boy looked up at the newly released prisoner and responded, "Oh yeah? Well I'm four."

Coach laughed until he had tears in his eyes. He had a way of making even the shyest of us feel comfortable and confident speaking in front of others. And that crafty teacher did it in a way that made us feel as though we were getting away with something. He would start practices and classes by discussing the previous night's episode of 'Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman'. He had the entire class watching that show and participating in the daily discussions. He changed it up a bit by telling us some of his Bette Midler stories. In speech class one particular day, we were to read something in front of the class. It didn't matter what it was or if it contained cuss words, as long as it was all part of the reading and not gratuitously trashy. One extremely quiet girl stood in front of the class and read something by Pink Floyd. There was this guy in class who was mesmerized by her and the words she was reading. I remember noticing him lean forward in his desk and stare at her wide-eyed as she spoke. I doubt anyone else noticed it, it was just one of those pictures that I have in my mind from my youth. Those two became a couple after that. I don't know whatever happened to her but there certainly wasn't a happy ending for him. His name was Rick Johnston and he was one of John Wayne Gacy's victims.



That is a picture of Rick. He adored Coach and he wasn't gay. Some people tried to make THAT connection.

I'm glad that society is beginning to pay more attention to their own bedroom activities than to those of others. We DO still have people left over from the days of that video...I know one older man who uses Gacy as an excuse why we should be harsh on homosexuality. I prefer to remember my friend and my coach.


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Hollywood the first time when I was about 18. I was born and raised in texas and you could tell it. I walked up and down Hollywood Blvd and Sunset checking out what was obviously hookers but that were hotter than the debutantes in Dallas. I made the corner onto Santa Monica and could see nothing but a bunch of young dudes posturing. I didn't get it until some old guy in a 450 SL pulls up and one of the dudes jumps in and off they went
oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I get it! It had never dawned on me that a male would pay for sex from another male. For what that's worth that was my experience with gay guys up until that time but living in Hollywood got me up to speed cat quick

April 06, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I hear that! I lved in West Hollywood off of LaBrea...it was a very sweet place. I was walking down Hollywood Blvd. when I was 18 and guys kept asking me out. I told my borfriend and he clued me in that they must have thought that I was a hooker. Talk about bursting a bubble.

:(

April 06, 2013  
Anonymous Nevada Divorce Center said...

To each their own I say. I have many friends/associates who are gay/lesbian/or somewhere in between.

Because of my religous upbringing, I used to be VERY uncomfortable around it and while I still don't personally condone homosexual relationships... I am totally for supporting homosexual's rights to marry and have the constitutional rights that they deserve as a couple.

-Daniel

April 07, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yeah, if you live long enough, you see society changes it's standards, for good or bad. I think that in the very near future, gay people will have the right to marry. Marriage is the institution created by people to protect the family. As long as gay couples can have children (in whatever way they choose to), those families need to be protected too. We don't have to agree with it, we just have to live our own lives. Anytime a certain group is granted increased civil rights, someone else's rights will diminish to some degree. For example, when black people achieved the right to live amongst whites, white people lost that same right. Somehow we've adapted. The problems come when one group doesn't want their own lives changed to accomodate the new rights granted to other groups. An intelligent person will tell you that your rights begin where mine end. My rights are not at all diminished because Steve and Jeff can marry.

April 07, 2013  
Blogger Tundra Woman said...

Yeah. Like people get to chose their sexual orientation. So, lemme just chose to be lesbian/gay so I can be shunned, shamed, blamed, excoriated and maybe killed for what I do in my private time. I'm strictly dickly as well, but that doesn't offend anyone.
Yeesch. And who keeps pushing this "Family Values" and "Small Government" stuff? The same people who wanna shove an ultrasound probe up my vagina-gasp! The "V" word which these grey-haired old men in Congress can't even SAY. Those hearings were great entertainment, I must say. The same people who take all kinds of dirty $$$, engage in all kinds of affairs including groping young male interns and picking up other men with a tap-dance routine in a booth of a Men's Room at an airport and hike the App Trail while concurrently flying to Argentina. I'm right impressed with THAT!
I wanted to yell at the TV screen during the "V"-word hearings, "Hey you old farts-why don't cha just call 'em "Hoo-Haas" if ya can't choke out the word vagina!"
TW

April 07, 2013  
Blogger Tundra Woman said...

...and I bet not one of those old farts has a female family member with the name, "Virginia." Or as they pronounce it in the south, "Vaa-geen-ee-a." ;)
TW

April 07, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LMAO! My mom's family is from Ole Vaginee and that family is full of people named Vaginee!

"hike the App Trail while concurrently flying to Argentina"

LOLOLOL...neat trick, wasn't it?

April 08, 2013  
Anonymous Nevada Divorce Center said...

True enough. As long as people's actions aren't affecting or harming anyone else, to each their own. :)

April 13, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home