.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Why didn't I think of this?

A group of Indian engineering students have created electrified lingerie in hopes of protecting women from rape attacks inside the country.
The lingerie, called Society Harnessing Equipment, shocks anyone who touches the outside of the bra, while the women wearing it are protected by an inner polymer lining, The Daily Express reports.
"A person trying to molest a girl will get the shock of his life the moment pressure sensors get activated," said co-inventor Manisha Mohan, a student at SRM University.
The students who invented the lingerie say the bra is capable of sending out 3,800kV shock waves, and it can also alert police to the location that the victim is being attacked, The Daily Express reports.

When do the panties come out?







Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/04/03/india-students-invent-electrified-lingerie-in-hopes-to-prevent-rape-attacks/?test=latestnews#ixzz2PSITgzYP

5 Comments:

Anonymous Rosetta said...

Just finding your blog for the first time today -- and started reading from the beginning. On the one hand it doesn't surprise me (after hearing so many divorce horror stories), but on the other hand it does still shock me that so many of us have been blindsided in this way.

And then . . . your electrified lingerie post -- seemingly the flip side of whole problem : ). Why can't guys just behave?

April 03, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hi!

I think it's the entire boys will be boys mentality. But, I have to believe that there are decent men somewhere. Until I meet one I'm just gonna have some fun with the bad boys.

:)

April 04, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well, not the really bad boys...I don't have an electrified bra.

April 04, 2013  
Blogger Tundra Woman said...

Gotta love those "bad boys" who actually aren't: Marsh-mellow hearts in a totally bad boy package. To this ol' widow, that sings, "Howt, Howt, Howt!" Hey, I may be old, but I'm neither dead nor a "cougar."
Why am I not surprised it was Indian Engineering Students who came up with this? Considering the high profile assaults on women there, I think I'd go a bit further and be locked-'n-loaded.
Better yet, maybe I could hire one of those "Howt" men as a personal body guard! ;)
Ah, we can always dream, right?!
TW

April 04, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I hear ya female. Yep, I've had my share of those bad boy characters who have hearts.

If I thought about it for a year, I could only come up with one man who is truly lacking in any decency or concern for others and that is the nimrod I can't seem to get out of my life right now. When he is finally gone from my life, the mess he's made of it will take the rest of MY life to fix...if I even lived that long.

April 04, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home