.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

I may be stupid...

...but apparently I'm not Gold Medal stupid. I've never paid a dime for fortune tellers, palm readers or astrology-type seers. Nancy Reagan, Princess Diana and all 10 0f the idiots listed on this link:

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/long-island-medium/10-celebrities-who-use-psychics.htm

and I would NOT get along. The extent of my own personal "pyschic" activities consists of opening fortune cookies after enjoying a lovely General Tso's dinner with a nice spring roll on the side. I actually enjoy eating the cookies with hot tea after dinner. They're not as sweet and heavy as most desserts yet they satiate my sweet tooth after dinner. I always enjoy opening those suckers except when I'm on a first date. That can be an embarrassing moment if my fortune says, "Today you will meet the man of your dreams." or if his says, "Beware of red heads." Barring that, I do enjoy fortune cookies. Practically speaking, I have used the lottery numbers from them in the past, once I got 4 out of 6 numbers for about 70 bucks.

Outside of fortune cookies and an occasional reading of my horoscope (for entertainment purposes only, of course), but only if it's next to the Jumble, Sudoku or the daily crossword puzzle, I leave the psychic's, mediums and readers alone. I don't even bother to call their patrons out on the scam...if people want to spend their disposable cash on such things, who am I to judge? I could own a beautiful, championship size pool table with all the quarters I've pumped into other people's tables.

What does slightly annoy me isn't the fact that these people do what they do, it's the fact that some of the scammers (many, actually) seem to think that this blog is a good site on which they may attempt to advertise for free. They "hide" the ads in comments on posts written years ago and some of them try to imply that they've actually read the post. Here is an example of that type of nitwit:

An Excellent Blogpost Relevant to the Topic. It really generates a new thinking pattern in the viewers. Please pursue with your Blogging Activities.

That comment was followed by a link to some "Dr. something" who claimed to be able to cast spells. I never had my comments moderated until some whack job started attacking readers who left comments. He's been gone for years but I need to keep people free to comment, anonymously if necessary. I never minded dealing with people who attacked me, as you've noticed if you've been here for awhile. But, I can't let people abuse normal people. I hated to have to moderate the comments but the advertising scam is another good reason to have the moderation. And what some fail to realize, no matter how many years back you go to comment, they are all sent to me by e-mail and I decide then whether or not to post the comment. I haven't had to deal with the lunatic who began the moderation for a long time but you never know. So, normal people, feel free to spout off about anything, do it anonymously if you'd like, I wouldn't blame you. You can always get in touch with me personally by e-mailing me at Megkelsobroderick@gmail.com or friend me on Facebook under Meg Kelso in Tampa.

Anyhoo, back to the reason I started this post, here is a "comment" left today:

his is a testimony that i will tell to every one to hear. i have been married four 4years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2years until i meant a post where this man Send Me Cash have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar to met with this man and have your lover back to your self. His email: sendmecash@hotmail.com he is a good man and straight forward human  

Obviously, I changed the name and e-mail addy, but I simply pasted exactly what I copied, the entire "comment. Yes, it began in the middle of a sentence. I know not why but I sense a of lack of experience with the English language.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two things I won't pay for water and sex I just won't do it

March 23, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once called Jesus called me from an ally in Times Square but I am pretty sure it was 4 or 5 home's with a baseball bat.

March 23, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I've never paid for sex either, as a matter of fact, sometimes I would rather pay to avoid it. Water, on the other hand, I have paid for. It took a while to get used to it but after my morning coffee, all I drink is water and unsweetened tea. Why pay for a Pepsi when I'd rather have water? I have my water bottle but sometimes I just have to have a chug of the stuff.

March 24, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home