.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Necessary or Sufficient Causes



I started reading about Necessary and Sufficient Causes and decided that it was too involved to get into now so I have to wing it here. I heard the term in a discussion about my auras. Those are these odd feelings that I get occasionally, Sometimes they precede a seizure, but they aren't as reliable as Payton was. My "auras" also precede panic attacks and varied and sundry other neuro "incidents". I never know what's going on...at one point I didn't remember the aura at all because I didn't remember anything for an hour or so before the seizure. I remembered most of what occurs before a stroke, but I never remember the strokes at all. Nor do I remember the seizures so those aren't really anything to be afraid of. Of course, if you hurt yourself, that could be another story altogether. I do have some scars that I can't explain anymore than to say, "They happened during a seizure."

But generally, I don't remember too much. The auras are like feelings of impending doom, I have hallucinations, like auditory, olfactory and tactile. When I hear the voices, I generally say, "What?", because they always say my name. But as soon as they don't answer, I realize what it is...or isn't...and I go on about my day.

Anyway, the worst part is always coming out of whatever the most recent brain fart happens to be. I literally know nothing. I stare at the world around me and I have absolutely no clue what any of it means. I see paramedics talking but their words mean nothing to me. I'm frightened, usually well into the grip of the physiology of the Fight or Flight Syndrome. Even so, I can't formulate a plan because as I said, I know NUTEENG! I watch the people speaking to me and when a stupid one tried to get really close to me once, I literally balled up my fists but, lucky for her, I had no clue what to do with them.

Sometimes I just wake up on the floor, looking up at someone looking down at me. I say, "It happened again." They say, "Yeah.", and I go about my business.

One rotten way to come around is to do so without the ability to think of words. How strange the mind is! Sometimes I have no words but I know that I should know them. Other times, I can think the word in my head but I can't make my mouth say it. I remember trying to ask for a cup one morning when I wanted to have some coffee. My brain could say cup just like yours. Until I opened my mouth, there was no difference between your brain and mine. But, when I tried to say the word, I absolutely could not do it.

Now I'm freaking me out. I need to check out a picture for you guys...BRB

4 Comments:

Blogger Tundra Woman said...

I get that, Ms. Meg.
Unfortunately.
And my hands are wildly unpredictable: I think I have a firm grasp on that whole, unopened jar of Claussen Dill Pickles as I grab it outta the fridge...at midnight.
Thank gawd I have wonderful neighbors....
TW

May 17, 2013  
Blogger Tundra Woman said...

OOps-just saw your comment back there, Meg.
Ohhhh, the brain stuff...I'd be here forever, be a thread hog and ya know the hand problem? Well, not only does the connection between my brain and my hands (legs not so much) have neuro-interruptus, but my not-so-great working hands makes typing a painful and tiringendeavor, when I'm tired it's worse yet.
And I'm tired.
But boy howdy (to use a q-ism) do I ever get what you're sayin' about the brain stuff. And I just saw your response to someone who took offense at your Attorney Post. If I may? They're likely not the "Wizard of Oz" but more likely the Wizard of Odd. Or maybe the Sphincter of Odd(i). Or maybe their Sphincter of "Anon" Assholery is in fully fulminant ;)
TW

May 17, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOL, I don't know how I missed this considering I'm the one who approves the comments but methinks you are right!

May 23, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh, the pickle jar thing...I have a round rubber thing to open them with. They are one of the many household items that easily replace men.

May 23, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home