.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

They actually made a mistake...

...while reading my CT scan the other day. I had a hideous headache and after I could do NOTHING that provided me relief from the pain, I ended up going to the Emergency Department at a small community hospital in Gardena California. The docs there ordered a CT scan and when they read it, they told me that it showed a "fresh bleed" in my brain. The doc who told me even used his most empathetic voice and apologized for having to give me the bad news.

They said that their hospital wasn't prepared to care for such a traumatic brain injury so they immediately transferred me to LAC-USC hospital by ambulance and when I got there, I was taken straight to the intensive care unit and hooked up to every line imaginable. Needless to say, I was rather frightened. The next morning when the docs made their rounds, I was assured that the scan had been misread, the "bleed" was actually a calcification from an old bleed that I had years ago. Yes, you read that right...I have rocks in my head. They discharged me later in the day and by then I had lost my room at the hotel where I was staying. It took another day but I finally got that straightened out and I spent last evening cleaning the room and "moving" back in. Oh, BTW, one good thing came out of the medical mistake...I'll tell you about that later on.

My daughter is hosting a baby shower today and I'm helping her prepare for that this morning. I need to jump in the shower and get dressed for the day but I'll be back the first chance I get. I wanted to tell you about the "one good thing" that came out of my most recent hospital stay and I also wanted to discuss something that I mentioned earlier...what it takes to get named on this blog. Perhaps after I explain that, you'll understand why my next "mention" will be posted soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness!
NSC

August 24, 2013  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! What a crazy and expensive mistake. Those ambulance rides can cost a small fortune. I'm sorry you had to endure this! http://www.freedomfromdivorce.blogspot.com

August 27, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home