.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

For a while...

...I'll be trying to communicate with my kids, grandkids, and siblings. I'll write to each one of them and tell them what I'd like to say to them if I could. This is the only way I have left to talk to them so I'm going to take advantage of it.

Today I'll start with my baby sister because she is the only one in my family who treats me with any respect. She is so sweet that I'm not even going to mention some of the things she did that caused me serious trouble. I can forgive anyone anything if they treat me with respect. I don't even want an apology because they mean nothing. I'll take actions over words any day.

Marie was born when I was 9 and I was the one who took care of her. She called me Mommy until she was 3. I remember the look on her little face when I would hold my arms out as she ran to me for a diaper change. She was the youngest and I was (sigh) the oldest. No matter what has gone on in our lives, she has always been there for me. Once I heard someone say, "A family is a place where, if you have to go, they have to take you." She isn't financially able to help me but I can call her and she always chats about something pleasant. She has been through some very rough times herself but she has always projected happiness no matter how bad the circumstances.

The only thing that I would ask of her is to do the one thing I need the most. I need her support. I need for her to talk to our other siblings and tell them that I'm not the devil incarnate. I realize it's easier to be accepted in my family if you join in with the "Meg is rotten." conversations but I doubt they would toss her out of their lives for standing up for me. But, who knows, maybe they would. I'm sure she worries that she might be tossed aside if she defended me about ANYTHING...but she is the only kid in my family who truly heard my mothers dying request, "Tell my kids to take care of each other."

I have nothing bad to say about her because no matter what has happened between us, she and I have always been sisters and we always will be.

 
Marie (on the left) with her lifelong BFF, Justine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home