.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Hey there...

I just realized that it took a Hungarian man to be honest and informative. Are you American men going to let that happen???? I know that competition isn't as politically correct as it used to be but c'mon, you can't let us women think that we need to go to The New Europe to find a guy.

I can hear a bunch of you saying, "Go ahead, go to Hungary to find men!" But it may not be that simple. What if word got out that Hungarian men were honest? THEY might decide to start coming over here and then what will you do? Can you see it? You are sitting there trying to be all suave and debonair and all of a sudden, in walks Laszlo with all his honesty. All the women would flock around him because they know that he is an honest guy. He seems to have the language thing down (a little too well, I admit) but if those Hungarians get the idea that American women are jonesing for honest men, hell, they might just see a target rich environment and aspire to come here and take away all the decent women.

I'd do Laszlo myself (that is, of course, if he isn't too short) if he came over just for the honesty thing alone. I LOVE Budapest.

You know, you would think that you guys would at least try the honesty thing, even if it were just a ploy. (Yes, Marc, I know there ARE some honest men and some dishonest women, just play with me here.)

(And competition...alas, I miss thee. Did you know that most competitive female swimmers of about 14 years of age can beat the times that Johnny Weissmuller won medals with? That is what competition did for us. Now we don't ever want the kids to compete, there can't be any perceived "losers".)

Anyway, I just wanted to see if you guys would accept this challenge. But fear not, I love you all and wouldn't change a hair on your heads (or in your ears, wherever you grow it) and I am still waiting to find one of my own. I am NOT taking a break from that....I never have and I never shall.


I must thank Laszlo again, he really gave me an insightful answer and that is exactly what I was looking for. Now, any questions?

Meg

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You overestimate Hungary. Maybe it's only the paprika. It can make you rethink everything you have in your head...literally.
You love Budapest? Been here or you just wanted to flatter?

We, aka known as Hungarian Average Guys (HAGs from now on) have the same idiotism just as anyone else. For example I had the period, when I had been sitting in front of the TV set, watching "Superbowl" (untranslatable sequence) and as I stretched out for my beer can I had been producing skidmarks on my underwear. But times change and I grew up.
Of course we don't have Superbowl and HAGs never drink beer from a can, but otherwise it is based on a true story.

Funny, you have mentioned female swimmers. We have the bestestest one, the Queen of the pool, Krisztina Egerszegi and she was just 14 when she defeated those Eastern German pseudo-female swimmers in 1988. I was 10 years old by then. But, hey! I am at least tall! :)

I am thinking of creating a blog, but I must admit I am a lazy writer and Hungarian letters can be terribly evil when it comes to publishing. Also, who wants to read some hectic stuff?

February 28, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Laszlo,


OK, you got me. I have never been to Budapest but they showed it on a soap opera I used to watch and it SEEMED lovely.
I am quite sure that you HAGs are just as good, bad, ugly, handsome, quirky and skid mark ridden as the American men. I was just putting forth my "hectic" brain and the stuff it comes up with.
Yes, oddly enough, people DO read the blogs and somewhere, there is a reader for every blogger out there. So, do it...you have nothing to lose. Unless of course you are dumb enough to use your real name like I did.
And even then, it is still fun. I had a guy check me out (literally) at the grocery store and when he saw the name on my credit card, he said, "Have you ever gone by Meg?" (My name is Margaret) When I smiled, he said, "You're her!You're Meg!!!" He actually wanted my autograph which I found odd. He and another guy both said I should post more pictures and I am going to. As soon as I can find someone to hold the camera and push the button. Actually, that is my chore for the evening, I am going to go to a few different places and have strangers take my picture doing really weird things. So, hopefully, tomorrow, you will be able to see too many pictures of me.

See ya!
Meg

PS How tall are you?

February 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

190 cm. I won't convert it to your Martian system. ;)
I am creating this blog thing, terrible I am so maximalist (marxist by the way) that I got stuck into the template-thing.

February 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home