.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Well. What was the point I was going to make? Damn it. I forgot. Something about guys being nice. Yeah, it is feasible. I’m pretty much going on faith there. Nice, yeah, honest, hhmmm. Not for any length of time. Most of us, women or men, are going to gild the lily now and again.

Yeah, I think it’s fair to say we are all liars. We just vary in degree. I think most men would be as amazed as I am at the best of them. Damn, they are good. You WOULD NOT BELIEVE what lengths some men would go to. Maybe you would, I don’t know. People are either honest or dishonest deep inside. Rick was a liar to the core, he would lie before he gave it any thought. And once the lie was out there, he wasn’t taking it back. That’s his story and he’s sticking to it. No matter how many laws of physics the lie breaks. I would be the opposite way, I would tell the truth before giving it any thought. It isn’t always the smartest thing to do either.

Some men are such good liars that they should be given a medal or something. Maybe they need to register that ability with the FBI because that can be some potent bullshit. They don’t need a knife or a gun, their line is so smooth by itself. It must work for them at times or they wouldn’t do it at all. I figure for every lie I caught Rick in, he must have gotten away with ten. He wouldn’t do it at all if this was the truth, “I swear to God, every lie I have ever told, you have found out about. There are NONE that I ever told you that you don’t know about.” What a jack ass.

Anyway, the lines...oh yeah. I think the funniest pick up line I ever heard was when this guy came up to me, licked his finger tip and then touched my shoulder and then his own shoulder, looked me dead in the eyes and said, “Come on, let’s go get out of these wet clothes.” I liked it. but as most women I tell are grossed out by it, it must have taken some balls to try. I didn’t appreciate how many balls it took until just now. (How many balls it took?)

Anyway, I have seen some damn good women liars, although, since we don’t depend on each other for sex, we have much less reason to lie to one another. If you depend on a person for sex, it is amazing what kind of crap you will buy. Every friend in the world could point it out and you wouldn’t believe them. I have sat back and watched girlfriends lie with less than stellar performances and then see the men fall for it. If I hadn’t met Rick, I might not have believed it possible. But a smart person can be fooled as easily as an idiot can be. Rick isn’t the only liar I ever met, not by a long shot. He just got close enough to do damage.

Did you ever meet one of those liars that are actually laughable? Should you attempt to point out their less than sincere efforts, they are terribly offended that you don’t believe them. They will somehow find a way to blame it on you. That, by the way, is a cardinal sign of a dishonest person. If you find yourself starting to feel guilty when you are the one who first claimed offense, you just might be being manipulated by a master manipulator.

I suppose I should go see what I was going to write about. Have a good evening.


Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Guy,

I know exactly what you mean. That EXACT SAME THING happens to me all thew time! Well, not ALL the time but...

Meg

February 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home