.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Ya’ll listen to this shit...

Earlier today I laid down on my couch to take a nap when all of a sudden a huge crashing sound came from the bedroom side of the house. The telephone was on the coffee table so I picked it up and dialed 911 as I was running toward the noise. The 911 lady knew the address so I sort of just threw the phone because I could hear somebody screaming. The sounds were all coming from my son’s room so I ran in and found a fire engine red Mercedes in the bedroom. The ENTIRE car was right there in the bedroom!

The first thing I did was to help the lady out of the car as the passenger door was closest. She was beautiful and dressed to the nines. I’ve never seen so many diamonds on one woman outside of the royal family. She was banged up and bleeding from a gash over her left eye but she seemed to be OK otherwise and was trying, as though she were panicked, to get out.

As I helped her out of the car, she stumbled a few times but then she got her footing and ran out of the room, obviously looking for the nearest exit. She was screaming and I was worried about the driver so I let her go. I wasn’t really in the mood to chase her anyway.

The driver was huge, like Arnold what’s-his-face in California. He was dressed like something out of a James Bond movie, he was wearing a CHARTREUSE turtle-neck. As I tried to help the driver out of the car, I noticed he was looking around for something. I smelled something funny (looking back, it was probably oil or exhaust but I didn’t really have the time to analyze the smell, it all happened so quickly) and I was afraid the car would blow up so I was saying...”Let’s just get out of here!”

He said, “Not until I find my gun!!!!”

So, I kinda thought, “Screw him.“ and as I turned to run, I specifically remember hoping that the woman had cleared a path for me when all of a sudden the guy grabbed me from behind and threw me against the wall. He pointed the gun at me and said I was his hostage. I was listening to him and everything got really quiet. Then, at the exact same moment, we both heard the 911 lady. The phone was on the floor in the hallway (and we were both in the hallway at this point, as well) and we could both hear the lady saying that the police were on their way. He looked at me, apparently changed his mind and ran down the hallway and out the door.

I heard the police cars screeching to a halt before the guy really had time to get to the end of my property. I ran to the front door to see if the guy got away when all of a sudden, the phone rang and woke me up.

I hate that, don’t you? I can never go back and finish the dream. I always just wonder. Sometimes I make up my own ending, the hell with the dream people.

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

You had me going.

February 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me until the part about the large driver with the turtleneck.

February 28, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Steve,

Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

John,

You believed the mercerdes was in the bedroom but a large guy with a turtle neck made you doubt me? Shame. But...just for the heck of it, he will no longer be in my dreams.

Meg

February 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home