.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, March 21, 2005

WOW!!!

It's amazing how some people can make you feel like a worthless piece of nothing. But, I learned this weekend that another person can give you back all of what the nut job took away. I don't think I will be having any more pity parties. I was treated very well this weekend. It was nothing special, just well. That's all it took.

Somehow, it helped me put my marriage in perspective. It is over and I am glad. It wasn't healthy for me and I want to be healthy again. I can't do that while I am stressing over things that I can't do anything about and that don't really matter anyway.

It all has to do with respect. I am worthy of that. I had forgotten what that was like. I didn't even know my self respect was gone until someone treated me nicely. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I suddenly had a piece of mind come over me that I haven't had in years. I smiled and smiled until my cheeks hurt. No one told me any jokes, I was just happy.

I was happy that I figured out it wasn't me...I was happy that I realized that the marriage HAD to end...I was just plain happy for the first time in years. I didn't even realize how miserable I had been until someone made me happy.

I won't be letting anyone else have the power to manipulate my happiness again. And I will, from now on, understand how cruel a word can be and I will understand the power I have to hurt or heal.

Now that I know this, I am going to be a much better person...and I was never that bad in the first place.

Still smiling...

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home