.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Meg...

...His eyebrows look like giant caterpillars. gross!!

LOLOLOL, that cracked me up. It’s the first time anyone has looked at his picture in such a long, long time. Thanks for the laugh!

Yeah, he is one...what’s the word....ugly dude. When I met him I was already seeing an ugly dude. One night Vex saw me out dancing with him and he laughed at how ugly my date was. (At least that date took me dancing.) Then, other guys would laugh at the fact that I was with Vex. Amazing isn’t it? He thought he was quite the looker. (LOL, he certainly did look, at every other female in his line of vision.) By the way guys, yesterday, I was grocery shopping and this guy was ogling me big time. At one point, we made eye contact and he smiled at me. His wife was right there with him, paying attention to what she was doing, not what her man was doing. I felt so badly for her. We women don’t think much of men who would ogle us behind their women’s back so if you think that you are impressing us, think again. Like Vex believing he was so much better looking than my other date, many men fool themselves into thinking that we enjoy their attention while they are with another woman. We don’t. We find it pathetic.

Oh, my brother and his wife had an interesting weekend. Friday morning, my dad and the two of them decided that Mike should leave and they took $1,000 out of the bank for him to “find his own place”. Well, DUH! If he had $1,000 in his pocket, the last thing he would do is find a place. Anyway, they eventually discussed things and my brother admitted using. He agreed to tell his probation officer. As a result, he had to take a drug test which he failed, of course. His “sentence” for using is that he has to go to 90 meetings in 90 days. He keeps getting very lucky. I pray for his recovery, but I am afraid to hope too much.

I keep thinking about the lady who commented the other day about her son and his drug use. I cannot imagine the pain of being the parent in such a situation. My father went to Virginia to help my brother and his little family. My brother was afraid to face him so he didn’t come home for close to 24 hours. When he did finally come back, he tried to lie about everything and my dad just threw reality back at him. He pointed out the obvious flaws in his story. Mike just whined, “I’m not playing any head games with you.” That’s what he says when he can’t come up with a logical answer to a challenging question. Anyway, my father didn’t deserve any of that behavior (my brother has since apologized) and as I worried and felt badly for my father, I couldn’t get my mind off of that mother who is worrying about her son.

Ma’am, if you are still reading, please know that I am still praying for you.

One of my friends (subjects?) is from Europe. (Well, actually, two of them are but I am referring to one in particular.) He hasn’t been here for very long and his English isn’t very good. It’s certainly better than my Polish, but he has a lot to learn. We have finally had a conversation where I felt as though he was at ease and that he could actually enjoy our banter. Before that, I felt as though our discussion was more of a chore for him, what with having to translate and all. But I was very pleased to notice that he was feeling more at ease with me.

There is one huge benefit to speaking to a man who doesn’t have much of a grasp of our language. He doesn’t really know the intricacies of our vernacular and how it interplays with manners. So, when I want him to go away, I just say, “OK Piotr, you have to go away“. I don’t have to be all delicate about it because it doesn’t hurt his feelings. I figured that one out when he said something to me that I would have been offended by had it come from the mouth of an American man. But, he was just saying what he meant in the best way he knew how so I wasn’t at all offended. It just dawned on me that I could do the same thing. So, when he dropped me off after dinner, I said, “OK, I am going into my house and you can’t come in so drive home now.” He just smiled sweetly and said, “OK. I call you later.”

One other thing that I find interesting...he carries a “purse” (for lack of a better word). It is a nice, leather purse-like thing that is obviously made for a man. If you mated a purse with a briefcase, this thing is what you would end up with. I didn’t ask him why he carried a purse but he did tell me that Finland was the only country in which he felt “comfortable” (besides Poland, of course.) so I think he is afraid of being robbed. I did ask what was in “that thing” and he said, “Everything!” I didn’t push it any further.

He is one of the few guys to whom I had already given my address so this one can pick me up to take me out. But, that doesn’t mean that I want him to come inside just yet. So, I am glad that I can easily tell him what I’d like to say. Right now there is only one guy that I even WANT in my house. (He is the one who heads the “list”. I believe someone commented on his “tool” earlier.)

so I wandered down and got a hole popped in my bottom lip.

Girl! You need to call ME before you get any more holes “popped” into any part of you. I was sharing a hotel room with this woman when I attended a seminar in Chicago and she walked out of the shower with a...well, I don’t know what you call them, but she had jewelry hanging from her “jewels”. (And honey, I am NOT asking!) Such a pretty face, you shouldn’t risk it with holes. The admittedly remote possibility of an infection which could result in scarring make the risks far outweigh any benefits. Now, take that thing out of your mouth! I am going to call you, as soon as I get back from “May’s” house. I never did get a chance to take that $20 bowl of soup over there. (But for the heck of it, would you send me your number again,it's in AOL and I can't always open that email.)


As a matter of fact, I am going to get rid of AOL as soon as everybody knows my new address which is MargaretB0629@yahoo.com , so, email me there from now on. I can't get the blog server to send my email to a different address. Does anyone out there know how to do that? Also, I can't figure out how to place a list of blogs on this blog. I would like to add a list of links to other blogs instead of just posting them once. If you have a blog and know how to do that, let me know and I will put your blog in the list...just email me the link to your blog and the directions how to list a list to the above email address. Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Oh well. I have to go do that now. I can’t put May off any longer. See ya after a while.

Meg


OMG. I couldn't edit these things because I had it in the wrong mode. All of this time, I was thinking that the server was screwing up but that one was me. The other's WERE the server, but this one was me. Damn it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home