.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

I wish I could blame their problems on bad parenting, but I can't. My parents were, and still are, the best parents I could ask for.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could figure it out? If we could, perhaps we could prevent it. But you are right, as important as parents can be when it comes to drugs, they can’t always prevent the damage done by peer pressure. I am one of 6 as well. I am a nurse, Wayne is a chemical engineer, Kevin is an accountant, Lori is also an accountant, Marie is an optician and Mike is a drug addict. We all grew up in the same house with the same parents. Go figure. (Mandi, you are a doll and I appreciate your kindness. I have lost your number, could you send it to me at Meg.Kelso@gmail.com please?) My ex-husband has two of the most impressive, loving parents that you could ever ask for and they, too, have a son who has been addicted to crack for years. I remember when he was a very nice looking young man. He is now like you describe, toothless and a thief. The other 4 kids do not have any drug problems.

Now if I may insert my two cents, all women are evil! I’ve been divorced 5 months and the feelings haven’t changed. My divorce was finalized one week before out 20th anniversary. She decided she wanted a fellow on the side last summer. I couldn’t share. All women are evil!

Well David, I can’t say that I blame you one bit for saying that. But I don’t think you believe it deep inside. If you did, you wouldn’t have said:

That sounds like two steps forward, with no steps back. Congratulations!!

So, I think that somewhere deep inside, you are like me (an evil woman), terribly hurt and betrayed by a loser of a spouse who has jaded you terribly. 5 months is not much time at all, it took me 7 months to really get over the bulk of the pain. When you devote so much of your life to a person who is far too selfish to appreciate you, it is quite natural to feel the way you do. But one day, before you even see it coming, someone will come along and you will write back to me about how happy you are. And then I will be able to say to you:

I understand why men and women bunker down. I did it after my divorce as well. I just know that my life became much better when I came out of the fortress, so I like to see others emerging.

I wish we could put all of the cheating trash on a ship and never let it dock. They could all just screw each other and decent human beings will be free to enjoy each other. But, we all are here together. We can’t see people for what they really are until we get to know them and even then, some of us can’t see it until the damage is irreversible. A scarlet letter sounds quite 16th century, but damn, it’s a pretty good idea. If we could brand the cheaters, the decent folk could live happily ever after. Life wouldn’t be perfect, but we would have a lot less to worry about and men like you could safely approach women like me and neither of us would have to worry about being cheated on. That would free us to live happy lives and we could be much more productive. I know that I was a helluva a lot more productive and successful when I didn’t spend my time worrying who my husband was sleeping with.

The other day someone mentioned karma. David, do what I am doing, let karma do what karma does, bite the losers in the ass. There WILL come a day when you and I will be very happy with people who appreciate us. I am getting closer all the time and I think that you will get there very soon!

I know that you are a good guy because of the comments you have made and the fact that the people who read this on a regular basis seem to be such kind and caring people. Sooner or later, some lucky lady will notice you and see what I see, a very sensitive, kind man that has been tossed aside by a fool.

See ya soon!

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,

Thanks.

david

May 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home