.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, July 29, 2005

I can be such a nit wit if I try...

I missed that first chemotherapy treatment for no good reason at all. They scheduled 3 of them and I skipped the first one because I was afraid that it wasn’t covered by insurance. Well, the doctor’s office pre-certed all 3 of the treatments before the insurance was canceled. I could have gone to the first one, I was just afraid of the bill. I forgot that this is exactly what happened with the dentist in January and Vex ended up paying for that...all I had to do was go to the treatment appointments and he gets to pay them as well! Maybe, if I send enough bills to him, he will think about re-insuring me like he agreed to do.

Anyway, I did go to the second appointment and I will go to the third one, too. I can just send Vex the bill! So, I had the treatment Tuesday and I have another one scheduled for the second of August. The first one has had me feeling pretty bad so I’ve been doing a lot of resting. I get so nauseated that I can barely move without blowing my grits. But, if it works and the tumors are shrunk, I will feel better in the long run. I can deal with this, it isn’t fun, but I can handle it. I just have not been terribly energetic lately since I haven’t really been able to eat. I hate that. I had just started gaining a little bit of weight, which is a good thing since the treatments leave me with no appetite. I had a bit of fat there to burn while I am undergoing the therapy. I had been down to 95 pounds and I went up to 110. Now, I will probably lose a few more pounds and I would have been really freaked if I went under 90 pounds. Gaining that weight has given me a few pounds to play with. I am going to try really hard to stay above 100 pounds.

It seems like yesterday that I couldn’t get myself under 150 pounds. I would prefer that weight to this weight anytime. If I ever gain it back, I will never, ever bitch about it again. It’s hard to complain about weighing too little When I do, there is always somebody who says something like, “Oh, it must be so rough for you!” in a sarcastic manner.

I understand that, but I wish people would understand that I would much rather be healthy and overweight than so sick and underweight. I felt much better before I lost all of this weight and I think I looked better too. Oh well, I can handle it for now.

My father is here, actually, he is at a bridge tournament right now. I dropped him off at the Hyatt in Atlanta this morning and I will be picking him up sometime this evening, I’m just waiting for his call. After my treatment on the 7th, I will be driving to Florida with him to help him go through his ex-wife’s things and get them organized. Remember when she was here last spring? They had sent all of her things to a storage facility in Tampa before she got too sick and now she’s in a “home” back in Illinois. All of her stuff is down there still and he actually threw away a bunch of things that he thought were junk. They were things like Gucci purses with the tags still on them! He took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, which is nice but I doubt that people who shop there are looking for Gucci purses. Anyway, I am going to help him sort through all of these things so that he doesn’t throw anymore of her good stuff away. I told him that if nothing else, we could take some things to a flea-market and sell them for her. I’m sure she would prefer that to having them all thrown away.

I have to do a few things around the house before the next treatment. I am going to trim the hedges next. Remember when I put down the weed killer? Well, it worked where the sun shone on the grass, but not in the shade. I have large trees that shade most of the lawn so it did very little good. A friend of mine told me that the pre-emergent stuff works better than this stuff so I will stop worrying about it until fall now.

I hope this guy was telling me the truth. I wouldn’t blame him if he lied to me, I accidentally pulled down his garage one day when I was pulling out of it. Driving my aunt’s Kia, I was backing out and the fender hooked to his garage door jamb and it pulled down his garage and pulled off my fender. I felt pretty bad, but he still lets me come over. He is so very nice, I wish I had more friends like him.

Oh! Speaking of “hims”, I have been speaking to that friend of mine who I ran into that night I forced myself to go out. He is so very nice and I do like him, but I don’t get something. In all the time that I’ve known him, he has acted as though he was interested in me but he has never so much as KISSED me! He works the late shift so every so often, he comes by before he goes to work. We watch a movie or play guitar and when he leaves, he hugs me, but no kiss! I don’t get that. I have a question. If you like a woman, and respect her, under what conditions would you continue to see her without kissing her? I don’t expect him to ravage my body, especially since I am still a married woman, but a kiss would be nice. I do enjoy making out and I would love to do that, but at this point, I am a tad afraid to start anything on my own.

What would you suggest? Should I go ahead and kiss him myself or should I continue to wait? I suppose that it’s possible that he’s waiting for my divorce to be final. I respect that and I certainly wouldn’t go to bed with him, but I don’t understand why he doesn’t even kiss me. As I said before, he made it quite clear to me that he was interested years ago...when I wasn’t at all interested in anyone but my husband. Then, he told me that he was hoping to run into me the night we did run into each other so I know that he is still thinking about me. I keep on thinking that I won’t hear from him again, especially after he spends a few hours with me and doesn’t kiss me. But, he always calls again.

Gosh, I hope he doesn’t read this! He said he has never visited this thing, I just hope that HE was telling me the truth, LOL.

Oh well, my son just finished mowing the lawn so I should go trim the hedges now. Have fun this evening!

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home