.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Good morning!

I hope you all had a great weekend. I did, the grandkids were here. I watched their parents argue over who was doing what when and who would have to baby-sit as though the kids are a chore. It reminded me of my ex who would claim he didn’t want to “baby-sit” his own kids when I needed to leave the house. I wonder how many other people out there are thinking that their kids are a chore. A lot of work, yes. But I would love to have that job again. It ends far too quickly and just when you think you have completed your job, you realize that it was the best gig you ever had and you can’t get it back.

I guess we all go through life unappreciative of what we have until it’s gone. But...our kids? How can anyone not appreciate them? Parents leave them at home so that they can both go out and earn enough money for bigger and better stuff. Then the kids are more confused then the parents ever were. All because of parents who feel as though the income is more important than the kids.

I’ve never seen a child who didn’t welcome the attention of an adult. Both of those kids spent the weekend grabbing me and saying, “Watch me!” and doing some silly thing like jumping up and down. They are so starved for attention that I felt for them. We had a lot of fun this weekend, I did watch them and they were enchanting.

Oprah is full of people who are totally screwed up because someone didn’t give them the love that they wanted or needed but you don’t see them complaining that they didn’t have enough toys or a nicer house. I think most kids would be more happy in a shack with a couple of parents who loved them then in a giant home with multiple vehicles. Oh well, I guess this has been going on since the 60’s. When I was a kid, I felt badly that my mother worked. Most other mothers didn’t back then. When my youngest entered high school, I decided to stay home and nurture the last of my kids. His response amazed me. He asked, “What do I tell my friends when they ask what my mother does for a living?” I was a bit stunned. I told him to tell them that I wash his dirty clothes and cook his meals for him.

In one generation, we went from a society of families with one working parent to a society where kids feel odd if they DON’T have two working parents. What a shame.

Well, I have things to do today, I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Thanks Rcade, by the way.

OK, gotta go, have a great day!

See ya,
Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home