.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

SPORT'S TRIVIA

1. Who is the only baseball player to hit 5 homeruns in one day?

2. Who is the only Olympian to win both the decathlon and the pentathlon in one Olympic Game?

3. What professional basketball player averaged triple doubles for his entire career?

4. What college basketball team won both the NCAA and NIT in the same year?

5. What athletes played themselves in the movies of their own lives?

6. What were Joe Di Maggio’s brother’s names?

7. Who won the first World Series?

8. Who won the first Super Bowl?

9. What is the exact distance between home plate and the pitcher’s mound?

10. What two baseball players have statues of themselves in the actual Hall of Fame? (Not the museum, just the Hall itself)

11. What man, born a woman, won a woman’s tennis tournament?

12. Who is the first baseball player to hit 3 homeruns in one World Series game? (In checking this question, I found that more than one man did this...so I changed it from ONLY to FIRST, I thought that Reggie Jackson was the only man to do it, but he wasn't, as a matter of fact, one man did it twice. I am not even sure if there was only one to do it twice, so I couldn't ask who that was. If anyone out there knows how many men did this, please let me know, also, I'd like to know if there was more than one man to do it twice.)

13. Who invented the game of basketball?

14. What was Lou Gehrig’s number?

15. Who is the oldest player to play in the National baseball league?


16. What golfer coined the term “caddy”?

17. What Chicago Bear running back was known as “The Galloping Ghost”?

18. What quarterback threw 70 completed passes in a single game?

19. Who was the “Athlete of the Decade” for the 1960’s?

20. Who set a NHL record, in 1976, for scoring 10 points in one game?

OOPS! I forgot that I couldn't post comments so I can't put the answers in the comments section, but they are on the other blog, click on this link to get to the answers:

http://callmemc.blogspot.com/2005/07/sports-trivia.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well, hello there! I will look at the blog and post a link if I can. If I don't do it tonight, I'll do it tomorrow. Now I'm going to bed.

See ya!

Meg

June 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home