.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Dear Margret,

I am Noreen remember me from Virginia? I was the one who Rick promised to be with after he left you. Can you tell me what ever happened? Why did you guys stay together? Why did you stay with him after he slept with me? I married Pat from Montgomery Wards? Do you remember him? He told me that heloved you and wanted to mary you until you moved away. I was curious why you stayed with Rick instead of being with Pat. He is such a good husband. You really made a wrong choice...I laughed when I read your descibing of his penis, he realy had a twisted one and he never could make it go for more than 3 minutes...

Hi Skanky tramp,
Yeah, I made a bad choice, but it was the right thing to do at the time. Far too many people give up on marriage when it gets bad and I was trying to do what I thought was right. I have changed my mind about that, I would never stay with anyone who cheated or lied again because I’ve learned that a liar is always a liar and a cheat is always a cheat. Rick said he never slept with you and I was just stupid enough to believe him. I guess that was because I wanted to believe him. Of course, I’ve found out since then that you two screwed each other in the back of his work van and I find that disgusting. Did you know that everyone at your job knew that? I heard about it from at least 2 people, maybe 3, I can’t remember now. How does it feel to know that you have a reputation as a slut? I’m curious about something, have you cheated on Pat? You’re right, he is a good guy and I should have listened to him when he said you were screwing Rick in the van. I am stunned that he married you but I guess he was doing the right thing since you were pregnant.

Well, it’s nice to know that he couldn’t last any longer with you than he did with me. His ex-wife said the same thing so all of Roanoke seems to be aware of his speedy sexcapades.

The first three times we had sex, he barely got it in before it exploded. The first time he ever lasted more than 30 seconds he said, That was better!” Better than what, I do not know. It actually made me feel sorry for him and I believed that he must have been very inexperienced if he couldn’t make love any better than that. Twenty five years later, he wasn’t any better so I guess my logic was wrong.


This past weekend I went to visit a nursing home that is not very close to me, I went to visit a friend of mine who lives about fifty miles away from me and we were talking about the book that I’m writing and he mentioned that his grandfather had been in a really good nursing home so we went to visit some of the people that he got to know when his grandfather was there and it turned out to be an excellent place. That made me feel so good, and it renewed my faith in nursing homes. I knew that there had to be good ones somewhere and now I know of one. The place was clean, the call lights were answered and the residents were dressed nicely, groomed well and there wasn’t a urine smell through out the place. The book that I’m working on has three nursing homes in it but I haven’t gotten to the third one yet. I had planned on making it a nasty one like the first two but I’ve decided to fashion it like the one that I was at Saturday. It’s much more fair to the industry and hopefully, people who have to place a loved one in a nursing home will know what types of things to look for.

There was a woman there who constantly scratched herself to the point that she had sores all over her body...there were really, really bad sores on her backside and she did nothing but dig in those sores at in that area all day long. It would be nice if they got her up in a chair, she wouldn’t be able to dig so much if she was sitting on the place that she liked to dig but that’s where she has a dreadful sore and sitting up would probably make it worse. I spoke to her nurse (my friends’ girlfriend) and she said that the family didn’t want her restrained at all. She told me that they even consider side rails restraints now! I couldn’t believe that. If you have placed a loved one in a nursing home and you constantly complain to the nurses and the administrator, you should know that some of the staff will take it out on your loved one. People think that constant complaining will get their family member taken care of better but it doesn’t work that way at all. They might take better care of them if they know you’re coming to visit but when you’re not there, your loved one is basically ignored. I’m not at all saying that is the right thing for them to do, I’m just telling you the truth. At best, the staff will stay away from them for fear of being the one that you whine about. If you come in and complain constantly, like the nit wit who doesn’t want her mother to have her side rails up, I have to wonder...why don’t you take them home and care for them yourself?

You know, when the constant complainers are not there, the staff says things like...“The family doesn’t want to bother with their mother/father/grandparent and they come here to complain so that they feel as though they are doing something” And, “They assuage their guilt by bitching at us.” You may think that your bitching does some good but it rarely does anything except make things worse for the resident that you are whining about. I’m not saying that you should never complain, but you should do it in a decent way. The people who demand that a certain staff member be fired do the most damage to the loved one. The staff is pretty much a team and when you try to get one of the team in trouble or try to have them lose their job, the rest of the team will remember that when your family member needs something. They will take care of the resident, but they will do the bare minimum and they will not do any of the little extra things that the staff does for the residents like giving manicures, going out of their way to bring them a newspaper, put on powder, anyone of a hundred little things that staff does for the residents that make the facility a special place to be.

I’ve been to very, very nice places and some really sucky places and that’s one thing that they all have in common. So, if you have a problem with the staff at the place that your loved one is, try to behave in a professional, kind manner and then your loved one will be treated the same way.

If you don’t like the way they care for your loved one, take them home and do it yourself.

OK, enough of that. I’m about to have all of my kids here at once so I have to get ready for them. I have a bedroom that hasn’t been entered in a couple of months so I am going to go strip all of the beds to ready the place for them. I don’t think that we will go anywhere unless they want to do something. I would prefer to stay at home and play Mom...cooking three meals a day and cleaning up after them. The empty nest thing is a bitch. It will be so nice to have all of us in the house at the same time, I can’t wait. It’s my favorite thing in the world, I like it better than jewelry, vacations or even winning a huge lottery jackpot! So, I’m going to go and start to get ready for them so I’ll see you later!

Meg

PS My sister emailed me to tell me that she named my neice Autumn, not our Mom. The way I remembered it, my mother said that SHE named her...but it was a long time ago so my sister is probably right, I'm quite sure she would remember it better than I would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home