.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Good morning!

...Or afternoon, whatever. I am in a good mood today because I am going to have all of my kids together next month! I love it when they are all here, they make it feel much more like home. My daughter’s birthday is September 29th...and my granddaughter was born on the same day so next week I have to get two people birthday presents. The baby will be 4 and my daughter will be 26. I was only 21 when I had her. It’s hard to imagine that my kids are all older than I was when I had them. Oh yeah, today is my nieces birthday.

Her name is Autumn, my mother named her that when she was born on the first day of fall. Then, my mother called her Fall.

My sister had a knack for choosing names that were very unique. She was going to name her first kid Brandy Wine but she changed her mind and named her Brandy Lore. When she was pregnant with her second, we asked her if she would name it Jack Daniels if it were a boy. For some reason, she named that kid Jennifer, a normal name. Maybe that was a result of all the teasing we gave her when she had Brandy.

Brandy is a lovely young woman, she’s in nursing school now. She’s the kind of person who would make a great nurse. I’ve noticed that most of the new nurses today don’t seem to have the compassion that they did twenty years ago so it’s nice to see a young person who is so kind and empathetic becoming a nurse. Oddly, I’ve noticed that male nurses are almost ALWAYS very good. I don’t know why that is.

I’d love to have all of my mother’s grandchildren in one place without a funeral happening all around us. The last time that all 6 of us kids and the 6 grandchildren were together was my mother’s funeral. Isn’t it sad when the person who holds the family together dies? It seems as though everybody just sort drifts apart when that happens. It’s especially sad when you consider how important it was to the person who died...they kept the family together because they knew how important it was so it’s sad when that begins to end. To make it even sadder, the one wish that my mother had when she died was something that she told the minister to tell us at her funeral. She had him deliver this simple message to me and my brothers and sisters...“Take good care of each other.” I’m as guilty of any of my siblings and all I can say is that life gets in the way of so much. It’s like you can’t see the forest for the trees only the forest is you life. Wouldn’t it be nice if we had Sibling Day?

I’d like that...we could all get together and bicker over minor, petty insignificant stuff like who’s gonna do the dishes and who started the minor, petty argument in the first place. Ah, the good old days.

I’m getting ready to watch Phone Booth, I’ve seen it before but it was a while ago. I liked it even though I had never heard of that guy who spends the movie in the Phone Booth. Ever since then, I see him all the time. When I first head of it, I thought it was a dumb idea for a movie but I think they did a good job with it. That guy did a good job as well.
Well, I’m getting tired so I’m gonna go lie on the couch and fall asleep watching that movie.

Have a good morning, I’ll see you soon.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home