.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, October 07, 2005

I was thinking...

...How much effort should I really put into primping on a first date? I know I’m not getting laid so a shower isn’t really necessary. But, you want to look good when you first go out with a guy...so I’m confused about that one. Well, it doesn’t matter...not if I keep meeting men like the freaky guys who make me play defense all night. Maybe I should get to know them all online first. Then, when I get an email like this one, which was a response to my complaint of a backache:

Let me rub it for you....and let me lick up and down your spine right to thecrack of your ass...now flip over..

...I can just avoid them altogether. Where in the hell did THAT come from? It’s as though someone read a list of what NOT to say to a woman that you don’t know and decided to say it anyway. I really think that some men actually think that women aren’t talking about THEM when they bitch about men. The pig that I told how much I hated being hit on so unabashedly and then did it himself obviously thought that he was far too wonderful of a catch to possibly be included in my discussion of rude, pushy men.

This weekend, I am going to go to a film production, it’s sort of a contest for producers and a friend of mine starred in a movie for one, the one called Dark Remains. It ended up winning the top honors at a film festival in Hollywood so these guys are really good. The producer is named Chris Tsambis and we are all going to Rome, Georgia this weekend to film the movie that this producer is entering in the contest. So, I am really looking forward to that, it should be fun.

I went to play pool yesterday and I was lost trying to find the place that I was going to. I stopped in a gas station to ask for directions and there was a long line of people so I asked the guy at the end of the line. I said, “Excuse me, could you tell me which way Windy Hill Road is?” He turned around, looked at me as though he had never seen a woman before and said, “Yes.” Then, he just kept staring at me. When he got a hold of himself, he asked where I was going. I told him the name of the place and the chick in front of him knew exactly where I was going so she gave me directions. Then, I was walking back to my car and the guy said, “Are you going to meet your old man?”

I responded, “Nope, he left me, I’m going to find a NEW man.” So, he wrote down his phone number and told me to call him if I wanted to shoot pool sometime. He saw my stick in the car so he figured that was what I was doing. Then, his friend came out of their car and joined him at my car window. That one had to be in his twenties. He said, “What’s your name?” I was getting a tad nervous when they began to outnumber me so I just started driving away. It’s nice to know that if I get hard up, there’s a redneck waiting for me over in Smyrna.

So, I have nice plans for THIS weekend. I’m not hard up enough to call the redneck dude yet, but you never know.

I enjoy playing pool and I’m pretty good at it. Once, I heard someone say, “Never bank a ball that can be cut.” So, I learned how to cut the hell out of a pool ball. Well, I played a guy last night who must have heard the opposite because he was banking EVERYTHING. I was amazed. I’ve never seen anyone bank so well. We were playing each other but he said something that I was thinking. That is, as partners, we would be impossible to beat. Too bad he lives in California. Just my luck, he was tall, (real tall, not 6’6” like my friend Mike, but not too bad at 6’ 4”) handsome and NICE! He was a gentleman AND he was interested in me.

So I know it’s NOT me, it CAN be done. You can be a gentleman AND let a woman know you’re interested. Now, I just need to find one that isn’t 3,000 miles away. OK, I’m tired already, I’ll probably be going to bed before noon if this keeps up. Oh well, sooner or later, I’ll get back to normal and fall asleep in the evening and wake up in the morning. Not today though, I am already exhausted and it’s nowhere near noon.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home