.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

GOOD MORNING!
I'M STILL VERY HAPPY TODAY OVER MY NEW BOYFRIEND!


Todd has given me permission to use his "real" name...Chip. That's not his given name, but it is the name he goes by. So, from here on out, I'll be referring to him as Chip.

Things are still going well with us and I sincerely think that they will be going well for a really long time. He feels the same way and that makes me so fricking happy that I can't possibly express how happy in words.

Last spring, when this blog was featured in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the reporter asked me if I feared that the blog would scare men off, neither she nor I even considered the possibility that I would actually MEET a man because of it, but I did. And he has a quality that I consider more important than ANYTHING else...honesty.

After being lied to and cheated upon by EVERY SINGLE MAN that I have ever cared about, I find his honesty to be refreshing, attractive, sexy and more than anything else...extremely different. He certainly isn't perfect but, after the Rick experience, honesty makes all the "bad" things easy to accept.

A woman who doesn't have to wonder what her man is lying about from one day to the next is free to relax and enjoy life.

Life is supposed to be enjoyed and I am so glad that I can finally do just that. At the risk of sounding like some corny Miss America contestant, I think the world would be a better place if more people were able to sit back and enjoy their lives. There would be fewer miserable hags around who's only source of happiness is the misery that they visit upon those around them.

My other ex's wife is one such miserable hag. I have not seen this lunatic more than five times in the past twenty years, I don't speak to her on the phone and I have never lived in the same state that she lives in...EVER. Nevertheless, she is so obsessed with me that she calls me constantly (I don't answer when I see her number on the caller ID), emails me on a regular basis (I delete them without reading them), and she harasses my children about their "crazy mother" CONSTANTLY...for no reason at all.

She was 17 when my 33 year old ex married her after dating for a couple of years. She was a whack job then but I attributed that fact to her age and figured that she would mature with time. Close to 20 years later, that freak is as insane as she has ever been. Between my elderly ex in-laws and my innocent children, she has wreaked ungodly havoc and caused intense pain and misery whenever the mood strikes her self indulgent, childish and downright unbalanced self.

Over the years, I have tried to figure out what causes this freak to behave in such an atrocious and demeaning manner (to herself) and I have arrived at the following conclusion. It's a fact that when people abuse drugs (alcohol included), they stop maturing emotionally. Therefore, if someone begins abusing drugs at the age of 13, they continue to behave as a 13 year old would until the substance abuse ends. So, if one abuses drugs from age 13 to 40, at the age of 40, they find themselves with the "maturity" of a 13 year old when they are 40. This woman , who is now in her mid 30's, has the maturity of a teenager...and an extremely obnoxious teenager at that.

Now, I readily admit to poor behavior in the past myself. But I saw the pain that it caused my children so I vowed to put my kids and their feelings ahead of my childish urge to act like a total jackass. I am so grateful that I have the ability to see my own behavior for what it is and I thank my parents for instilling in me a decency that this quasi-woman will likely never possess. If it was not for the pain that she inflicts upon people that I care deeply for, I wouldn't give her and her antics a second thought. But when I got back from visiting Chip, I found an email from a member of my ex's family describing a recent incident that caused my elderly ex father-in-law serious pain and embarrassment. The thing about all of this bullshit that shocks me the most is the fact that my ex husband isn't man enough to control his wife and protect his children and his parents from this drunken, spoiled rotten brat.

I don't know what it is about some men that precludes them from protecting their loved ones from the nutty women that they marry. But I hope that this post hits home with someone out there who might be dealing with a miserable woman who can't be happy unless those around her are as miserable as she is.

Life is short and, as far as I know, we only get one of them. So it would be a damn shame to look back and realize that you have spent that life suffering and spreading pain to the people around you. Personally, I'm very happy that I have been lucky enough to find a man who loves me. I hope that I never take this luck for granted. I plan to take full advantage of the time that I have left and I pray that I never attempt to find happiness in the misery of others, ignoring the gift that I've been given.

It's a damn shame that more people can't appreciate the love that they have been given.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home