.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, February 06, 2006

I’m on the phone with the IRS...

...listening to Mozart (I bet they think that Mozart is a tad calming to people who, like me, are sick to death of waiting on teh phone but after 20 minutes, Mozart is getting old) and getting more and more annoyed with the woman who keeps telling to stay on the line because my call is so fricking “important to them”. I wouldn’t mind the old fashioned busy signals...at least you could walk away and not lose your space in line.

This is beginning to irritate the hell out of me. I called them a little while ago...it took me over and hour wait time and I forgot to ask one of my questions. I was so damned happy that there wasn’t any unpaid taxes that I just thanked the lady and hung up. I immediately realized my blunder and I haven’t been able to get back to a live person yet.

Oh well, it could be worse, I could owe money. Of course, if I did...I wouldn’t be in a hurry to do this now. That’s where Rick screwed up last year when he e-filed jointly without my signature. They sent the signature authorization to me and it said that Rick was e-filing. If I hadn’t noticed that, I would have just merrily signed the tax return and wondered away, secure in the fact that my husband was paying down our non-existent tax debt. I have no idea how many years he was letting me believe that we owed the IRS when we didn’t. I was just one big happy idiot.

This is the time of year when it’s great to be poor, isn’t it? Tax refunds are such nice little surprises...but this phone thing is ridiculous. A man just came on and answered the phone but put me back on hold immediately because he didn’t know the answer to my question. Jeez. Oh well. He’ll probably be back before I decide to go to bed so I’ll just keep listening to Mozart...OMG...I’m being transferred. This just blows.

I’m in serious need of that refund so I hope that nothing messes with it. Those tax anticipation loans are actually based on credit, besides costing 2-3 hundred bucks. As a result of the divorce, my credit is somewhat shaky so I’m probably not going to go that way. OK...I finally got the answer to my question and I’m going to be bold and do this myself. I can type crap in the same as the next person so, as long as I wouldn’t qualify for a rapid refund, I’ll just take care of it myself. I can’t use the 1040 A which I had been working with, but I bet that, with the help of a calculator, I can handle alone. OK...I’m off to do just that. If I never come back, check all the federal prisons for me...see ya.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home