.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, March 20, 2006

My daughter, her boyfriend and I...

...watched that movie that I worked on called the Gospel. If you were reading back when I was working on it, you might remember that I worked not only as an extra but also as the medical advisor.

I played a nurse and as the medical advisor, it was up to me to decide how the nurse should be dressed. Considering the condition of the patient, I had to tell them that the nurse would be wearing a mask. So, I masked myself in the movie.

I felt badly about that because I thought that no one would be able to recognize me when they saw the movie. One of the stars and I were the only people in the scene so I was annoyed that I had a close-up and in my very first close-up, I had to wear a mask. But, if you knew that I was in that scene, you should have been able to recognize me anyway.

Well, I saw myself. There was just one small problem...they only showed me from the boobs down. Thank God I ad libbed a pat on the patient's shoulder in that scene...otherwise I wouldn't have known for sure that it was me. To make matters worse, the scene I was in was just one quick shot in a collage of other scenes that they showed during a song that was played in the movie so if you blinked, you wouldn't have even seen THAT!

I was able to stop, rewind and play the scene a few times so we were able to watch me over and over again. My daughter laughed and laughed and laughed. It was the only part of the movie that we enjoyed. Well, I did enjoy talking about where I was when this scene or that scene was filmed, but other than that, the movie sort of sucked. On top of all that, they didn't even give me a credit at the end of the movie after the work I did as a medical advisor. The people who handed out potato chips (Craft Services) got a credit, but I set up two scenes all by myself and they didn't mention me at all.

I guess if you work on such a rotten movie, you really don't want your name or face to appear in it. So, I should be happy about all of that. I didn't have many pictures from that movie...the batteries in my camera died after I took a few of them. I do have one picture of me with one of the actors from the beginning of the movie (The character Boris Kodjoe played as a young man.) and I'll post that after I post this.

My daughter and her boyfriend are leaving very early in the morning and this is the last bit of time that we have together so I'm going to go back and hang out with her for a little while.

I'll see you guys later!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home