.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

I'm just sort of sitting around today. This morning I helped a friend in his garden...at least I sort of cheered him on. We had a lovely time and I appreciate him getting me out of my house. It's nice to have men friends that I don't have to worry about being hit on by.

I've made an Easter resolution. I'm going to bust my ass trying to get things done in my life. I was depending on someone else and that's not too bright.

I have a bunch of things that I want to do. Besides the probation terms, I need to get my nursing license renewed and I need to get a job. I had considered doing stand up again but we'll see how that works out. The places where I do it all serve alcohol and I don't want to put myself in any compromising situations. We'll see. As long as I don't drink anything, I think I should be fine. I can't imagine that being a problem.

I saw Ann Coulter on O'reilly the other night. She and O'reilly both felt that we needed to guard the border, they just had different answers to the problem. Ms. Couletr said that we should build a wall, O'reilly said that we should send the National Guard. She didn't even call him on the most wise aspect of her plan...what would the rest of the world tolerate better? Armed guards with rifles or a peaceful wall? Sometimes I wish that I could call these people and make suggestions.

Getting back to doing stand up again, I think I'll turn parts of this blog into my material. The stuff that I used before is all pretty old now and out of date. I could use some of it but I think that I have more stuff on this blog that I could use to do a routine about the divorce and life as a divorcee. I've been thinking about it for a while now and I think that I can do it.

I also think that I may be back on the market socially and if I am, I'm gonna go have some fun. It's about time, I've been waiting long enough.

My friend is an ex DJ and we listened to clips of DJ's stuff on these reel to reel things that he had. Some of them were DJ's that I listened to in Chicago back in the day. We had a very nice time. I felt so good this morning after having such a lovely time and my mood got shot down immediately by a guy who has some serious double standard issues.

Why do you guys do that? I guess we can do it to, but I always end up trying to be really good and I try to be understanding over what the guy's doing and I never know what the heck he IS up to. Then, I do something totally innocent and I'm in deep shit. The rules seems to bend on me quite a bit.

Oh well. I'd love to go out this afternoon because I'm in such a good mood but I can't really justify going anywhere except maybe to take my dog for a walk.

OH! Speaking of the dog, this insane couple keeps coming by my house with their dog and they stand by my fence and let their dog bark at mine. The nuts seem to enjoy harassing my dog and that irritates me. So, yesterday I ran out and told her to get her dog out of my yard and I used a few chioce words. She said, "Oh my, you have a foul mouth!" But, she wouldn't leave! I couldn't believe it. The next time my dog is harrassed, I think I'm going to hose down the offending dog.

OK, I' going to get busy today. I hope you all have a nice Easter!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home