.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hi!

I've had a pretty boring weekend except for the fact that I had my grandkids. My Dad got to see them briefly before he went back to Florida. My house is trashed but I can't complain because I'm in the middle of an area that's been hit by tornadoes. I live in Cobb County and today I heard that 4 of them hit yesterday. I didn't know that yesterday because I didn't have any cable. It was out for a day and that means that I had no computer access either. It's a good thing that I don't have the BellSouth Complete Package...I wouldn't have had a phone either.

But, my house is still here and none of the trees in my yard fell so I can't complain. The silence from the television woke me up Saturday morning because apparently I can sleep through a tornado, but not a cable outage.

I've been watching the news this morning and there's damage all around me but I don't see any from my house. IN my house is a different matter all together, two little tornadoes did quite a bit of damage. It's awful quite with them gone now. They went to church so I hope that they got all of their destructive energy out here.

Everybody left within the last hour so I'm alone with my mess. I wouldn't mind being alone in this house too badly if it was as clean as it was two days ago. Now, I just want to leave but I have no place to go. It's a beautiful day out there so if something comes up, I'll leave this house in a heartbeat. If nothing comes up soon, I guess I'll have to clean the mess. Damn.

I've been speaking to Rick quite a bit lately. That's an odd feeling. Neither one of us asks anything about each other's love life, I don't want to know about his and he doesn't want to know about mine. He did ask me if I would come to Virginia this summer when he goes to see his kids but I doubt that would be too smart. I suppose I'll see him again someday but I don't think this summer would be good. I can imagine some little thing setting me off and then we'd have no fun at all. It wouldn't be easy to visit each other in the town where we met and lived for 15 years. Besides, I know him, he wouldn't have a problem having meaningless sex and I would so a visit won't happen unless I could bring a date and I don't think any guy would want to visit my ex with me so I'll probably just decline that invitation.

I am starting to get pretty lonely again. I've had some health things going on that aren't easy to deal with alone. When I'm not thinking about that, I have to think about my legal bullshit and if I stop thinking about that, I think about the fact that I need a job. So, I have quite a bit to worry about. Since worrying doesn't really help very much, I try not to think about that stuff at all, especially on the weekends when there's nothing that I can do about it anyway. I guess I'll do the community service thing tomorrow and then, Tuesday I have to go to both probation officers. I get to tell them that I still don't have money for them. One of them only wants money and the other has a list of things for me to do. At least I'll be able to tell her that I have accomplished something on that list. The other one, on the other hand, will not be happy with me at all.

In Bartow, if you come to your meeting with no money, they make you come back again in two weeks. I'm not sure what the point of that is but I don't ask any questions, I'm just happy when they don't put me in jail. Anyway, this week is another chance of that, actually TWO chances. Don't you just love the mystery of that? I know I do.

OK, I'm going to check my email now, I'll be back later.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home