.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

I don't understand it...

...my son walked in and the computer just started right up for him. I had been trying to do that all day long. That's why I haven't posted anything until after midnight, I couldn't get on my computer. I kept getting the blue "screen of death". I kept starting it over and over again, just like my sonsays he does, at the power strip. Then, when that didn't work, I went one step further. I pulled the plug out at the socket. Computers are pretty smart. Mine was wise to me and my little trick...I couldn't fool the fucker. But the kid walks in and starts it right up.

I don't know how he did it because by the time I paid any attention to him, he was already done playing poker. It just dawned on me that, "Oh! That kid was on the computer!!!! I wonder if I can get on?", and I did. That was soooo annoying.

While I was trying, it was easy to leave the thing unplugged for a while because I was busy cleaning stupid stuff like the bathroom cabinets and closets. I wanted to put contact papar on the shelves but I couldn't go to the store. I took my acryliic paints and painted them instead. The longer I take on a project like that, the better my chances are at being laughed at.

So, I kept it simple...they're each a different color and in white paint it says things like "TOWELS and STUFF"...then I sprayed it with clear topcoat and it is pretty well sealed. I bought the paints to paint with...on canvas...and I haven't used them lately.

I haven't used them since before Rick left and that's a shame. All I ever taught myself to paint was sunsets. Or sunrises...I can never say for sure. Anyway, the shelves should be pretty cool. I'd also like to paint my bedroom furniture black and then polyurethane it all. It's either that or I restain it and that's a lot of work. If it was a nice piece, I might take the time.

I should re-stain a piece that I have in the living room. It comes from a living room suite that my mother bought when I was about 8. I have an octogonal table/cabinet from the mid 60's and it's pretty cool. I was thinking about redoing it. I doubt that it would ever be worth much and I suppose I shouldn't mess with the original finish but it looks icky like it is. What do you guys think? I would think that there would be some "right" way to do it. I'll have to put that on my "do...but do later" list.

Spring cleaning is a bitch. I've finally learned to throw some stuff away which is good. If I ever get things straightened out done here long enough, I'd like to go to Florida and get my paintings. I miss them.

Oh...the carpet has mystery stains on them. They're a mystery because the stains went away yesterday when I cleaned them, and then, this afternoon I noticed that they all came back. That's odd.

I fell backwards over the big stupid dog earlier. He hangs out behind me and I never know he's back there until I practically trip over him, backwards. Well, today I made it. I tripped backwards and fell flat on my ass. That was annoying. It hurt, too. I pictured that I had broken a rib and impaled it upon my spleen, causing me to die a very slow, uncomfortable death from internal bleeding.

I freaked me out. I actually scared me. Now, I'm going to watch Hitchcock...I could watch The Birds or Read Window. That'd really scare me. I'd hear all kinds of sounds as it is. Oh, last night I heard something up in my attic. I don't know what it is but it's up there. It SOUNDED bigger than a mouse but I don't know. Any sound is magnified at 3 AM.

I just heard my dog barking. He wants to come in. I think I'll try to encourage that trust thing so that he will bite a jugular for me if he has to.

OK, I'm gonna go to bed.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home