.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I like my new...

...refrigerator. It's a Frigidaire and it has rounded corners in the front so that it looks more like an old model Frigidaire. That's actually pretty cool. There are only a couple of problems.

First of all, I spilled a cup of iced tea in the freezer. I was trying to get it cold because I didn't have any ice yet. I seem to have given the ice trays away with the old freezer so I just put the cup of tea in there. I went to get it and knocked it over, spilling the tea up in the vent holes on the back panel.

Then, I dropped a cup of Coke on the floor right in front of the refrigerator. It landed on it's side with the opening facing the fridge so that all the Coke popped out onto the front and underneath of the refridgerator. What a pain that was to clean up. I've washed the fridge twice and I haven't had it for 24 hours yet.

I have to go to the store to buy the things that I did without while the fridge was broken like milk. For some reason, I kept the eggs cold in a cooler with ice. I don't know why. I basically spent $1.39 a day to keep a dozen eggs cold because I didn't want to throw them away. Sometimes I wonder about myself. I could have bought a bunch of ice trays. Now I don't have any. I don't know if the water to the ice machine works but I have a new one so I'm pretty sure that IT works.

The old ice breaker stopped working a couple of years ago but my memory says that it stopped working because it wasn't getting any water. So, I don't know if the water hose is clogged or if the water is just turned off. And, I don't know where to look to see if the water is on or off.

I suppose that it's somewhere under the house which means that it'll never get looked at because I'm not going under the house. I don't care how many ice trays I have to fill. I don't mind cleaning the house but I draw the line at going under the house. There are too many spiders IN the house, I don't want to know what's UNDER the stupid thing.

I live in a wooded area so there are bugs everywhere. Yesterday, I saw a great big carpenter ant crawling on the TV. Before I got back with a paper towel, it disappeared. I don't know where it is but I know it's in here with me and that's freaking me out. Then, I go up in the attic to look for my kitchen curtains and I see that the playpen has been chewed up in places. Now I know that there's something with teeth up there. I went to bed later and I could hear it playing up there. Whatever it is, it seems to be nocturnal.

People keep saying that it's probably a mouse but I swear, it sounds a lot bigger than a mouse. I don't know what the heck it is and I don't want to know. I suppose that I have to put some sort of humane trap up there in case it's a....I don't know what the heck I would want to see live...maybe a squirrel? What else could it be that I wouldn't want to snap it's head off with a trap? I suppose that I wouldn't want to kill a little chipmunk. Those are pretty cute. I guess we use the cute meter for methods of trapping animals.

That makes sense, the "Ick" factor is what tells me that it's vermin. Mice are ICKY! I saw one once and called me husband to save me. I didn't realize that I would basically have to make the mouse stay put until he got there. So, he wouldn't come home to get the mouse. That was 1981 and I still remember the look on the mouse's face. I don't know where that mouse went either, now that I think about it.

My niece is coming Saturday and I've gotten two bedrooms all ready for her. She's bringing her fiance and I think that I'll fake her out by telling them that they have to sleep in separate rooms. I wasn't allowed to sleep in anyone's house with a guy I wasn't married to, why should she get away with it?

Today's kids have far too much sexual freedom. They'll never know the thrill of a National Geographic or a Sears catalogue because they see boobs and butts all the time. Too bad.

I have to go back to sleep now that it's almost midnight. It just seems as though it's the thing to do. OK? Goodnight, see ya.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home