.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I got my new refridgerator this morning...

...two men brought it in. I was looking at them both because that's the best I have. There was an old guy and a young guy. It hit me hard when I realized that the old guy was the one that I should be focusing on. That's depressing. The old guy was...old.

Gravity is like a hurricane, you just don't see it happening. If it were on some cosmic video recorder, you could see it hitting. But it happens so relatively slowly that you don't realize it's actually getting exponentially stronger all the time.

Being a baby boomer, I'm used to being called part of the bellious youth. We were always rebelling against one thing or another. That was, until Disco. After that we lost all of our principles. I know I'm a baby boomer because I can remember watching JFK's asassination on a black and white television. We are all used to being talked about by the old people and now they're all dead and the only people left are calling us old. We aren't sure how to fit into that role yet.

The few people who are old enough to bitch at us are all in politics and of the same age as Teddy Kennedy. The rest of them are dead now. The remaining few are getting on my nerves. I'd like to rebel against them again but it's all been made so politically incorrect that I wouldn't dare. They took all of our methods of rebellion and somehow made them so bad that people just walk a tighter line now that they did a while back. We didn't get anything for our efforts, we just got more rules and a different method of enforcing the CDM...current definition of normal.

Oh well, I'm old and I'll die soon so fuck it. But if things keep going in the current direction, they're going to get a lot worse and sooner or later, someone will rebel. If nothing else, the kids will and who knows how 21rst century kids will rebel? They can get mighty creative if they put their minds to it. In Logan's Run, they just went "outside". That was considered quite the rebellion in that movie.

And all they HAD were young people. I couldn't believe that premise.There's no way to keep a population of young people in line. If nothing else, sooner or later someone is gonna abuse the Orgasmatron. As it was, I couldn't believe that anyone would ever come out of the Orgasmatron. Especially men. They were walking out of the machine on both feet. I would think that most men would have to be dragged out. Oh well, that was still a good movie.

So, I looked at the old man who helped bring in the refridgerator and I decided that I couldn't do it. No men my age. I can't handle that. Maybe one or two, but they had better look young because I can't admit that the men my age are totally gray.

I understand that sooner or later, if I live long enough, I might get toe hair. I didn't even know that was an option. I couldn't handle toe hair. My grandmother never shaved her legs at all so when I knew her, she had some hairy damn legs. But I don't remember toe hair. I would have. If I had seen toe hair on Granny's hairy legs, I would have run, screaming into the night. That would have brought Saskwatch visions into my head. A chicken legged Saskwatch. That's it.

I don't know why Grandma didn't shave her legs. It wasn't European so much as it was Appalachian.

I shaved my legs yesterday, both of them. I had forgotten one the last time I did it. I cleaned out so many bathrooms storage areas that I found creams for everything on me so I put a special lotion on each part of my body. That was fun. Then, I powdered me. So, like butter and flour in a cake pan, I was totally ready for baking. Then, I put my clothes on and got white crap all over my green shirt.

So, I have a refridgerator and nothing in it. The few things that I left hidden in there had pretty much fermented last week so when I opened the thing, it stunk. But, I didn't have to clean it out. Now I have a new one. I have a new ice maker as well. Now all I have to do is pay the rent and I'll be good to go.

Gotta go.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home