.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The widowed or dumped question...

...had me thinking. That's pretty much why I wanted to hear from Betty Broderick. I just have to know from someone who made the decision to assassinate her husband and ended up in prison if, knowing what she knows now, would she have done anything differently?

Don't you sort of wonder? Most of us have some odd things pop up in our minds now and then but we just sort of learn to live with reality. Most people don't cave in to their darkest fantasies. If they did, there would be a lot more dead cheaters lying around. But the fact that so many of them survive the Jerry Springer Show alone amazes me.

I've heard about a few people who killed the cheating bastards who have trashed their lives and some have gotten away with it and some haven't. I did learn something from watching the prosecutions of those who take the ultimate revenge against the person who cheats on them...if you're going to do something, you need to do it soon. I lost my chance at off-ing Rick. If I was going to do it, I would have had to have done it back when the cancer was bad and I first found out about Gail Glenn.

It's too late now. I couldn't get around premeditation. I let him leave the state so now I would have to travel to him and that alone would prove premeditation. I blew my shot. Oh well.

The fact that more people don't kill each other speaks pretty well of most of us, doesn't it? It's still big news when someone does commit a crime of passion so I guess most of us are suppressing evil intentions.

A bunch of people who do get away with it seem to do so because they did it early enough to be able to use some sort of emotional trauma as an excuse. Lorena Bobbitt was an exception, how she got away with de-pricking a sleeping man, I'll never know. The bad thing is that when people get away with something, it's easier for them to do it again. That's how a bunch of people get caught, actually. They get rid of a wife or girlfriend and then 20 years later they lose another one the exact same way. They get greedy, lazy and stupid.

There's a woman here who poisoned her husband and got away with it. She was so successful the first time that she did it again, and the cops don't seem to buy coincidences like that. Two healthy men don't just drop dead in front of the same woman. I don't think those guys were even cheating, she did it for the insurance. One of those men was a cop and the other was a fireman so she was going after the same insurance if I remember correctly. I guess that one was just cold blooded murder, which I will never understand.

But I have to be honest with you, I understand why Betty Broderick did what she did. I'm not saying that what she did was right, of course it wasn't. But, I do understand. She should be getting my letter by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. I hope she's bored enough to call me!

Anyway, if she does, I'll let you know. Oh! I ended up making fajitas with that skirt steak. They were very good. I still had some of the pico de gallo that I made last week so that made it even better.

Well, my mind is a blank so I'm going to go see if I can refuel it a bit.

Have a good one!

See ya,

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

The difference is Premeditated or not...that's how they either get away with it or not. Betty definitely planned those two murders...and carried them out with wreckless abandon!

It will be very interesting if you get a response from her...and I bet you will..what else does she have to do with her time? =c)

September 21, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

That's what I thought. I know that when I was in jail, I was bored to tears. I would have called strangers and chatted with them if they would have accepted a collect call. I told Betty that I would accept her call and I also sent her a copy of the very first post of this blog...one that I thought she'd get a kick out of. I also sent her some stamps. It's entirely possible that she will write to me instead of calling. But, I really really really hope that she calls. Those phone calls don't last very long, I think they cut you off after 15 minutes. So, it shouldn't cost me TOO much, but it won't be cheap, that's for sure.

Oh well, hopefully we'll hear from her soon!

meg

September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home