.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hello!

I got booted early this AM trying to answer an email from Rick and never got back on. That's not too bad because I was at a loss for something to say anyway.

Rick has been paying for my insurance through COBRA and that apparently runs out at the end of the year. According to the divorce, he has to keep me insured for 5 years and we haven't hit 2 yet. He has been paying about 300 and now they say it'll be 758 (that's with me paying a $2,500 deductible, I could have gotten a lower deductible but it would have made his monthly payments more). Now he says he can't afford to pay more than he has been paying. Oh well, he signed the divorce papers. I will do what I can to make it easier as that would behoove me, but I'm not going to let him totally screw me on this.

Oh well, we'll figure something out.

I wanted to be nice about it and one of my BF's got upset with me saying, "He has to pay it all, you can't make it easy for him!" He actually got upset with me because I wanted to work with Rick to keep the insurance. His point is that I shouldn't help Rick at all, my point is I need the insurance more than I want to see Rick broke.

What do you think?

Anyway, that BF is no more. I can't deal with control freaks. It's none of his business what Rick and I work out. Whoda thunk that I would get into an argument over trying to help Rick out? Not me, that's for sure.

Oh well, does anybody out there sell insurance cheaply?

I have to go get dressed now, I'll be back in the morning!

Ciao,

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaded said...

There is no such thing as cheap health insurance anymore... especially for someone who has a pre-existing condition.

I know you want to do the right thing, because as much as Rick hurt you, you are a good person. However, don't make allowances for him at your own expense. You need the insurance, he agreed to it in a legal document that is not open for discussion. I think that the 2500 dedutctible is a little high, but if you can swing that and are comfortable with the arrangement, go for it. Just don't make it easier for him if you end up paying for it.

October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just clicked on a post comment........
I lost your # E-mail it to me
I need my big sis right now
Marie

October 31, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Marie,

I don't know your email addy, my phone number is 770-428-4017...like I said, I'm in the book. I just got done working all night so I'm about to go to bed so either call me soon (it's 9 AM right now) or call me at 5 PM...that's when I wake up. I don't usually publish my phone number but for you...anything.


Jaded,

Yeah, sometimes I'm too nice for my own good but my point was that if he absolutely could not afford it, I could end up without any insurance so I want to make it easy for him. You're absolutely right, the agreement is not open for discussion but I cannot be without insurance and if that means that I have to pay a bit of it myself, so be it. If he were behaving like a total prick now, I would slam him with all I have but he isn't. Of course he still lies to me constantly and underestimates my intelligence which I will NEVER understand. I know so much more than he thinks I do yet he thinks I'm a moron. It's the pre-existing condition that has the insurance so high, the 758 a month insurance is one that will still cover all of my pre-existing crap. I may have to settle for something that doesn't and pay through the nose. Ain't this a bitch? Just when I get a good job, it looks like I will end up spending the money I was going to use for school and a car to pay for my medical care. I can NEVER get ahead. And those damn lottery tickets aren't working worth a damn.

OK, now let me see if I can come up with something interesting to write about.

Meg

November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home