.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hello there!

How are you guys? I'm fine thank you.

I was flipping through the channels and I homed in on a couple of interesting shows. I learned some things that I thought you might like to know. For instance, did you know that the chemical responsibile for the aphrodisiac qualities of chocolate is also found in salami? And...in much greater quantities! I don't think the aphrodisiac is a chemical thing...I think it's a taste sensation. And, a very tactile sensation. There's not a whole lot more that you could put in your mouth that would be more pleasant than chocolate.

Did you know that throwing confetti on people originated as Italians throwing candy at newlyweds? Yep, it's the Italian word for confectionary. I hope they didn't throw Tootsie-Rolls. Those suckers can pack a whallop.

Oh, and...did you further know that the wedding ring is symbolic of the way that men would steal women from other tribes and restrain them until they had children? I wish I had that as an excuse.

Speaking of dragging a woman kicking and screaming into a man's home...have you guys seen those caveman commercials? I think I have a crush on the caveman dude. I find him ruggedly manly. And...he seems to be rather bright in an understated way. What the heck are the commercials for? I forgot...please someone...tell me. Anyway, I wonder what the caveman dude really looks like...ya think he's really cute under there?

Oh! I almost forgot...a tick will climb to the top of a plant and wait for MONTHS for a mammal to pass by. And then, when they find a host without opposible thumbs, they stay a while and grow to be the size of a large grape. You should have seen what it looked like. I'll have to find a picture and post it...if the puter will let me...I'm going to try that.

There might be a picture around here somewhere. It's 10:47 Sunday morning and it'll take me anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 days to get this done.

OK then, I found the tick pic, engorged ticks and hungry ticks...now let me see if I can publish this.



Meg

PS Damn, it took me 20 minutes to publish THIS post and I still don't know if it will work.

6 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

those ticks remind me of something I would find hidden in a dish at a greasy restaurant.

And the caveman dude is probably the guy from Geico. I think those commercials are fuuunny!

October 29, 2006  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Sounds like you were watching the History Channel or Discovery.

Yeah but the religious meaning is a never ending circle, unbroken.

I think the caveman is for Geico auto insurance.

Do you have ticks down there? I know in certain wilder parts of the northeast they can be a serious medical problem. If you ever see a tick warning somewhere take it seriously.

As for Blogger troubles, I find that if I save a new post as Draft, wait, edit, then Publish it seems to work.

But the jist is that Blogger Support just won't acknowlege this problem, they've gotta a push going toward the beta.

October 30, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Solaris,

It's comments like those that have kept me out of Waffle Houses for 25 years. I went into one...once. And I ordered a sweet roll, heated, with butter on top. I ate it with a fork.

At one point I looked down at the sweet roll and saw something sticking out of it. I thought to myself..."That looks like the leg...of...a...COCKROACH!!"

It was. It was sticking out because I had just cut it in half with my fork and eaten a bite. Yep, I ate half a cockroach.

I asked for my money back and they offered me another sweet roll. The cockroach was baked into the dough....another bug roll was NOT what I wanted. I stood at the counter saying, "No...I DON'T want more roach rolls, I want my 65 cents back!" (It was a long time ago and it WAS the Waffle House.) I am a woman of principle and I wanted the money back, 2 cents is too much to pay for bug food. I have never been back to Waffle House and I don't go to restaurants with plastic seats because of that experience either.

So...are we all grossed out yet?


JQ, you are amazing! I was actually switching back and forth between The History and Discovery at the time. How could you have known that unless you were doing the same? I am in awe of you!

You don't by any chance look like a caveman...do you?

As you might have been able to see, trying to publish this was fun, I ended up publishing over and over again. Has anybody tried that beta crap? I don't want to screw the blog up....should I try it or should I resist it like I resisted microwaves?

Meg

October 30, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh, I forgot to say, yeah...we have ticks, but you have to go find them. They don't vist the suburbs in the numbers that they visit the woods. I would have to put effort into finding ticks. They have one kind here that I pick them up when I go hiking in the battlefield or climbing Kennesaw Mountain (which is actually climbing two moutains, they don't tell you that when you start.)
But, I am very tick-conscious and don't let them stay very long. I think there are a few kinds of ticks...I never see flat ones. Of course, they've been on me for a while when I find them so who knows, maybe they were flat when they got there.

Anyway, ick.

I can't do any more bugs today.

Meg

October 30, 2006  
Blogger Determined said...

Your story totally grossed me out. I never had the priviledge of finding cockroaches in my food - as I find cockroaches completely disgusting up to the point of paranoia. But just the other day, I found a fly in my Chinese food! Flies are so gross. They stand on dog crap, and they eat dead bodies. So I threw the rest of the food away. Eeeek!

That was the same restaurant where someone stopped me on the street and asked me not to go there. They said that those people cook cat and serve it as chicken! But that's a totally different story.

October 30, 2006  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Meg, you caught me…

Well yeah, I do watch those two channels a lot, and I did see some of those shows. And last year I was growing a full beard. Now since, I’m a little older, it didn’t quite look like the geico guy in color, but it was as full, I tried to keep it somewhat neat though. When I started growing it, my son got excited and said I looked like Santa, so I said I was going to be his helper and kept it into this year. I renewed my driver’s license then shaved it off, (although sometimes I let it grow in a little), so now I have a photo ID that doesn’t look like me. Handy if a warrant goes out, I can get a head start.

I’ve been playing with the beta, it had a bunch of problems in Sept, seems better now. Mac & mt_detroit are both on it. You can tell by how the archive drop down looks.

I think if I found something in my food, I’d heave. I remember being in NYC with the owner of the startup I was in. He was kind of frugal, and we’re walking trying to find someplace to eat, and he’d object to each one, either it’s questionable health standards or too pricy. Finally getting tired of walking half the island, I said, hey make up your mind good or cheap, you're not getting both.

We were visiting in Florida, and they have some nice names for things. They had these real big cockroaches, but they call them Palmetto bugs. They also had these huge spiders that ate these things, and they called them housekeeping spiders. I’m not sure which was worse, I didn’t like either. They had gaters & poisonous snakes. I don’t like it real cold up here, but at least my climate isn’t suitable to that stuff, no hurricanes either. When the sun comes out (only half the time) we actually appreciate (it was out today).

October 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home