.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Hey Meg,

If this is the correct Meg, we are cousins and probably haven't seen each other in oh 20 some odd years. I am Karen's daughter, I would love to keep in touch so hopefully this is you.

Lori

Well, hello there! Yes, this is the right Meg! I have to correct you though...the last time I saw you was almost THIRTY years ago...May 1979. I remember that because you were living in Indiana and my mother and I came to visit you with my son (who's birthday is today!) and he was about a year and a half old. He was born in '77 so I remember exactly when I saw you last, unless you count Grandma's funeral. I don't remember seeing you there but I don't remember much about that sad event. I know it was May because it was the weekend of the Indie 500.

I'm so glad that you wrote...I tried to email you back but the email came back to me undeliverable. If you'd like, you can email me at megbkelso@gmail.com and I'll send you more information regarding how to get in touch with me. I'd love to speak to you!

I tried to write this last night but my puter died on me after I published your comments. Then I had to go to work and I just got home. I promised a friend of mine that I would "help" her with a homework assignment...writing a two page paper which I can do easily and quickly. Then, I'll be ready to write something for the blog.

I can write, but I can't speak. Somehow, I lost my voice over the past two hours. I was speaking at work and started to become a bit hoarse. When I came home, I wasn't speaking because there wasn't anyone to speak to. Then, the phone rang and when I picked it up..."Hello" wouldn't come out of my mouth.

Wouldn't you know it...I worked 5 nights in a row and was fine. Then, the last night of work, I developed something, I don't know what...but now I can't talk. Actually, as I type this, I'm becoming sicker and sicker. I was absolutely fine last night, I wouldn't have gone to work with sick people if I had known that I was so sick myself. I hope that I didn't make anyone else sick.

I had my grandkids over the weekend and since I've been able to go to work...I was able to go shopping and buy them a BUNCH of stuff, clothes and toys. It's so fun to watch them get excited over the things that I got them. The little boy had slept in my son's t-shirt and I told him that I would buy him some jammies so I did. I got some with Thomas the Train (or something like that) and he wanted to put them on right away. I couldn't believe how excited he got over those jammies...he hugged himself when he put them on.

After I went shopping, I had to go to sleep since I had worked all night. I asked him if he wanted to come and "take a nap" with Grandma and he did. I fell asleep watching some old black and white movie. Later, I asked my son if the little guy ever fell asleep and he said no...the little darling just sat next to me on the bed watching the movie which was nothing that you'd expect a 3 year old to watch. He just loves his Grandma...and I simply adore him.

It's so much fun to have grandchildren! I never, ever would have expected it to be so wonderful. I guess I just never thought about it at all but trust me, if you don't have any yet...you will be amazed at how much you will enjoy them. You love them like you love your own kids but you aren't responsible for anything but loving them and spoiling them. My grandmother taught me how to be a GREAT grandmother...she spoiled me well. There's not much in the world that compares with the love of a grandparent. I miss mine something dreadful.

OK, now my throat is beginning to hurt something awful so I need to go take some aspirin. Then I have to write the paper for my friend. After I do, I'll be back here to entertain and amaze!

Ciao for now,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home