.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Hey!

You want to see a silly look on your spouses face? Ask him or her (with a straight face) if he or she wants to go caroling.

Oh, another question I ask when I want to evoke an odd look, (this one you have to ask at a hockey game) "Honey, how do they get that big piece of ice through the doors?" Every guy I've ever asked that of has explained the answer to me, thereby letting me know that they truly think I'm that stupid.

Even my father thinks I'm a bit foolish. I asked him, during a discussion about Pilgrims, "Isn't it a coincidence that they landed in a town with the same name of the town that they left from?" He said, "They didn't KNOW it was Plymouth when they landed." Duh.

To me that's funny...but for it to be funny, you have to get that I'm asking a non-sense question. Not one person has grasped that, all of them have chosen instead to assume that I'm an idiot. You guys don't even know me and you probably knew that I was bright enough to know that they had a machine that makes the ice and that Plymouth Mass. was named after Plymouth England.

I asked a guy if he wanted to go caroling and he said, "Come again?" and thought that I was stupid because I didn't get the theatrical reference that was his answer. You can't get annoyed at my igorance for not knowing the joke in your answer to MY JOKE OF A QUESTION...unless you got my joke first.

Now, I have to go to work. I got up this morning and realized that I hadn't shaved my legs in a very long time. So, I shaved them and then I went to get a mani-pedi. My feet are good now. And...my nails are lovely.

So, I'm off. That was fun.

Ciao,

Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger benning said...

A Priest, a Rabbi, and a Wallaby wander into a bar ...

December 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home