.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, December 29, 2006

The spaghetti chick...

...got too bold. I published her comment with a link to her blog and she got greedy, posting another comment for me to stick under another post. So, I deleted her first comment. What a nimrod, like I would seriously keep on posting commercials to annoy the hell out of you. She got by one of my publish-reject sessions, she didn't make it past two.

And someone else asked what I thought about falling for a person who you've never seen. Well, it can be done, I suppose. I sure as heck did fall for people I saw but never actually met. It isn't too nuts to go the other way. I was insane over Donny Osmond, my crush on him lasted longer than my first two marriages combined.

I have figured out that my father might have a tough of Alzheimer's Disease himself. He told me that he was going to spend 4 days at The Abbey in Wisconsin. Then, he was supposed to come back here for me to pick up at the airport. Well, he never told me when he was coming back and since it's been 4 days now, I called The Abbey to see when he was coming home. Well, he wasn't there and they said they didn't have him in their books at all. Now I don't know where he is or when he'll be coming back here. Isn't that lovely?

I have no clue what airline he's on or what city he's in now. I do know that his lady-friend has a doctor's appointment on the 2nd so he has to be back in Florida before then. Of course I don't have a clue who to call...if I needed to know where he was, I'd ask me and I haven't a clue. He also said that my bother was supposed to be operated upon this week but he isn't being cut up at all so far as anyone knows.

So, for all intents and purposes, I have lost my father and his friend. Of course, I've gained a cat in the deal...hers.

I just got out of the shower and my hair is all up on top of my head in a towel and I have to go to work in a bit. I guess I should blow my head dry so I need to run. I like to get dressed for work watching Seinfeld. Last night an episode that I've rarely seen, the one where George's fiance croaks, was on and I had to leave before she keeled over so I missed it again.

Oh, before I go, I ran into the cute nurse again...this time on purpose. I think that I'm going to ask him out...I just have to figure out the best way to ask the dude to go out with me without having it sound like I'm really asking him OUT. I would be, but I don't want him to think that until I'm ready for him to think that. I haven't asked a guy out in a while. I'm setting this one up pretty well. I should be ready to pop the question in a few days...I'm still busy greasing the pan.

Have any of you women asked a guy out? What do you guys think of women that ask you out? I'm pretty much looking forward to this. He is a CUTIE! OK, Seinfeld is on so I have to throw some make-up on my face and blow the head...then I'm going to work.

Ciao,

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never asked a guy out. Maybe inadvertently, but never intentionally. I could be wrong, but here's my theory:

Guys always SAY they love aggressive women. Ones that will make the first move. But what happens when a woman DOES take the initiative? The man goes running for the hills. That, or they decline "politely". Why? Because it's ingrained into all male DNA - the desire to be the alpha male. Despite what they SAY, I think they still want to be the hunter - not the hunted.

Have you read "Why Men Love Bitches"? It's a pretty good one. In it, the author reasons that men who WIN the prize (i.e. the woman), value it much more than when it has been GIVEN to them. I think that's fairly true. I believe it applies to women, as well as other areas of life.

Here's the way I see it. I think the best way to ask a guy out is to convince HIM to ask you out. Not outright, but sort of make him believe that it was his idea all along. I hate mind games just as much as the next girl. But sadly, I've come to the conclusion that that's just the way the world works.

Anyhow, good luck Meg! Keep us posted :)

January 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home