.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

ROTFLMAO!!!!


I just recorded a greeting on my new phone/answering machine. If you want to hear it, you can. Just dial 770-428-4017 and listen to it. I don't mind, I'll be sleeping and the phone doesn't wake me up since I'll be sleeping in my own room today.

I bought myself a french press and I'm drinking the coffee that I just made with it. I used the scoop that came with it and I think I added too much coffee because this is some extra super caffeinated mighty coffee that I could have used last night when I was working.

Over the past two weeks, I've worked on a telemetry unit, an oncology unit, a surgical unit, emergency room overflow, interventional cardiology, in-patient rehab and neuro. I love this job. I never know what unit I'll be working on until I get there so I can't dread my job on the way to work as I have in the past. I love having so many different options of places to work. Even though the system is pretty much the same wherever I go (I work for the agency of a hospital corporation that has 5 hospitals in this area, I work at 3 of the different hospitals) and I know the system well, I've also worked in enough areas over my career to be able to float around the hospital. And, I'm a very good nurse.

I ran into another nurse from my agency who can't seem to get enough hours while I get more than I want at times. That makes me feel good. We're supposed to call them with our availability but before I get the chance to do that, they end up calling me. That means either that they think I'm good at my job or they realize what a sucker I am and that I can't say "No" if someone needs a nurse. Of course, it could be both of those reasons...so I'll take that and feel really good about the fact that I am one of the go-to nurses. They have confidence in my ability to cover so many departments so that makes me feel really good about my own skills.

It's also helping me to have a more rounded resume so that I can get jobs with other agencies in Florida and California. That way I can visit my father and my daughter and work a few shifts to pay for the trip and then some. I can travel, and take the time to work enough so that I don't have to worry about paying the bills when I do leave town. I also want to work for one of the traveling nurse agencies that sends you away for at least 13 weeks. I could still come home enough to work my 48 hours a month at my "real" job. These folks have been great to me and I love the work so it's all good.

My goal for the New Year is to be able to do some travel nursing. I can't wait. I always thought it sounded like fun, but had kids at home and a husband to take care of. Now I don't and I'm going to take advantage of my freedom to finally do some of the things that I couldn't do before.

Well, I'm going to play with my new phone for a while, entering my friends phone numbers as such. So, feel free to play with my phone as well, I really don't mind. Just dial the number and listen to the greeting.

See ya later!

Meg

By the way, I have a new email addy because of that stupid survey company that I signed up for. It's left my inbox so full of spam that I can't find the emails that I want to read. So, this is my new addy:

MargaretKelsoBroderick@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home