.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Well...

...my father found an interesting way to get what he wanted.

He has been complaining for months that I don't have an answering machine. He kept asking me to buy one and I kept resisting because I didn't want one. But, I didn't want call waiting either and I got that because a bunch of people kept complaining about getting a busy signal. I stood firm against the answering machine because I was so annoyed about call waiting.

But, Merry Christmas!

My father got me a new phone with it's own answering machine.

Now I have to figure out how to hook it up all by myself and then record a message that doesn't sound like a million other phone greetings. I'll come up with something, I'm sure. But why did he feel the need to do that? If his number is on my caller ID, I always call him back...it's not as though I ignore his calls likes I ignore unknown numbers that call. I always return my father's phone calls. But that's not good enough...he wants me to be able to leave me a messgae. Whatever.

Now if he leaves me a stupid message about something that I don't want to discuss, I can just blow him off. I only return his calls because I'm worried that he might be sick or something like that. Now, if I know he's healthy, I can call whenever I want to. I like to see things in a light that is better for me.

I found out recently that my neice is expecting. I'm going to be a GREAT AUNT! That means that I am moving further up the generation ladder and closer to death. Oh well.

Since I worked last night, I slept all day. So now I'm wide awake at a quarter to 2 in the morning. I did wake up once when work called. I schedlued myself for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. Then, I'll take it easy until the surgery and slowly go back to work as I can handle it. I have enough saved up to be able to take a few weeks off if I have to.

I think that while I'm recuperating, I'll send off for nursing licenses for two other states so that I can work in them when I visit. That'll be pretty cool, won't it?

Damn...the dogs are so happy to have me awake in the middle of the night that they are both competing for my attention. I think I'll play with them for a while so they'll leave me alone.

I'll be back in a few.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home