.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Dear Meg,

"...I would not be in a relationship with a guy who thought he had the right to control my every action! Life is short, make your dreams a reality and do it YOUR way!"

"...My parents have been married for almost 40 years. They do spend A LOT of time together, but every so often one of them will take an excursion separately..."

"...The time apart should not be to get away from the other person, but to be on your own and do whatever you need to do..."

"...I can't even begin to tell you how insanely cool it is plane hopping solo in a different country.. You build soo much confidence and KNOW you CAN DO IT lol.. Who ever has travelled US solo will fully know what I am talking about :-)..."

I have traveled the United States alone already...been there, done that. But, I have never traveled overseas alone. I absolutely LOVE traveling alone. I love traveling WITH people too...but I've always wanted to go to Europe alone. The people who commented understand what I mean.

But, the freak who was so out of joint when I mentioned the idea honestly believes that I want to travel alone so that I can get laid. I can get laid anywhere, anytime. I don't need to go to Europe to do so.

The asshole actually said, "Go ahead, I don't care. You can fuck all the Euro-trash you want!" How insanely assinine! I can't believe I even let myself get involved with such a needy, jealous, controling asshole. He is so unbelievably...what the hell is the word? INSANE. That's it. Then, 5 minutes after he made that insulting, rude and all around idiotic comment, he said, "You arn't going to write about me on the blog are you?"

FUCK YEAH!!!

The same day that I mentioned the trip, I told my sister that I would buy tickets for her to come visit me. Then, after the European trip comment, he was actually upset that I would invite my sister to visit me without mentioning it to him first! Unbelievable.

I have NEVER been involved with a man who thought that he had the right to control me as much as this yahoo.

I've been traveling alone since I was 18. I went from Chicago to San Francisco that year and it took me weeks to get there. As a kid, I had the right to do these things and there was no one in the world who would have even tried to stop me. Now, here I am...48 years old...and some nit wit thinks that he can control me and every aspect of my life that he can get his grubby little mitts on.

Here I am, a full grown American woman...and there is another person who thinks that I can be pushed around like a 4 year old. My father stopped telling me what to do back in the 70's. Rick stopped telling me what to do in 2004. Now I'm all grown up and single...and there is a person who thinks that I have to be joined at the hip with him until the day I die. He thinks that I should ask him before I make plans with my family. He thinks that I should take him with me wherever the hell I go...or I don't go.

He was here one day when I was sleeping during the day. When I woke up, he had taken a bunch of phone messages for me. I never asked him to answer my phone, I sure the hell wouldn't have answered his phone. I let that go even though it bugged me. That was a mistake. He has slowly taken every inch that I've ever given him and stretched it out to about 6 miles.

Let that be a lesson...for ME!

A control freak doesn't get less controling as time goes by, they get MORE controling. And when someone does what I did...just let it go because I didn't want to argue...it just gets worse. He figured that if I didn't mind this thing or that thing...then surely I wouldn't mind his acquisition of my entire person...mind, body and soul. I can't think of more of a turn off than a total control freak.

I let a bunch of the stupid things that he did go because he has been so helpful to me. But, I never once said that he could own me in return for the help that he has given me. I appreciated all of the things that he did for me, but a favor can be totally blown if the person doing the favor rubs it in your face every chance he gets.

How dare I want to travel alone? After all, didn't he drive me to work when I needed a ride?

How dare I invite my sister to visit me? Didn't he help me out when I needed the yard cleaned?

How dare I spend a dime on myself? Didn't he loan me money when I needed it?

Every favor that he's ever done for me has been totally negated by the constant rubbing my nose in "all that he has done for me".

What he doesn't seem to grasp is that if he weren't around, I would have had other guys doing me favors. My entire adult life, men have been nice to me. Before I even met this guy men were helping me out. If he weren't in the picture, other men would have been. His mere presence keeps other guys away. So, has he really done all that much for me? He has made sure that I haven't had a moment to be alone so that I wouldn't have a chance to so much as SPEAK to another guy.

He keeps bringing up all that he's done but he seems to think that me and my life are nothing at all. I've given him my time, to the exclusion of other men. But, that's nothing to him...absolutely NOTHING!

Men have been kind to me for decades. Not counting the idiots that I married...men have all been so good to me that I've rarely wanted for much at all. And, I got by before this creep came along. Yet, he attributes everything that I've done to him and his assistance. How much can you appreciate a person who does you a favor when they TRY to make you feel like dirt for accepting the favor? I never, ever...not ONCE...said that I would be his slave in return for the things that he has done for me. But, he seems to think that I owe him my entire life.

So, he wants me to give up my dream of traveling alone because naturally, any woman who would do so is looking to get laid.

Well, any man who would say such a thing has nothing but contempt for me. He has absolutely NO respect for me. I don't even know why in the hell he wants me...obviously he thinks that I'm a tramp and an ungrateful bitch. But still, he wants to "talk". Talking to him is me sitting there listening to him tell me all he's done for me and how rotten I am. Well, I have nothing to talk about anymore. Another one bites the dust.

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger benning said...

Change the locks and tell him to "Be off!" Yeesh! What a desperate idjit!

December 23, 2006  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Some people think the world revolves around them. Plain and simple. Be glad that you uncovered this ones mad plans to control your world before it got any farther.

:)

December 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do want you want to do and hey, if he wants to come along for the ride fantastic, if not send a post card ;-)

December 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home