.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Good morning!

I'm feeling much better today...the first day was a bitch. The post-op instructions said that I could return to work when the pain subsided, but considering how physical my job is, I think I'll take a few days off to be sure that I don't pop a vessel or something worse.

I moved to Georgia in 1994 and I've had some sort of surgery every other year since then. First, I had my gall bladder out, then I had brain surgery, then, cancer in the female area, a non-malignant tumor had to be removed from my right boob and finally the cancer that almost did me in, the parathyroid cancer. That was worse than the rest of them combined and Rick's little affair with the trailer trash bimbo was just what I needed right then. The surgery from that cancer was in 2004 and I was worried all last year that I might have some painful thing happen that required surgery. I did need it...but since I screwed up the dates, I broke the curse and didn't have that surgery until 2007. So, I'm not sure if I broke the curse or if I just changed my surgeries from the even years to the odd ones. I can't wait to see what happens next.

My daughter got the money I sent her...that was cool because I have never done a wire transfer before and I was afraid that the cash would be lost in the matrix forever. I hope that makes her life a bit easier for a while anyway.

She promised to send me a California care package...I'll be looking forward to that! Then, as soon as I can I'll fly out to visit with her for a while soon...I hope. I haven't seen her since last spring and I miss her something awful. But, I"m porud of her and her job. It doesn't pay very well but it will look great on a resume and after a year there, she will be able to get a job anywhere in the world.

I was speaking to a friend of mine last night and she told me that her boyfriend was becoming a total jealous freak...with no reason whatsoever. I think that would be a nightmare relationship. The guy spys on her and starts an argument everytime she wants to do something that doesn't include him. She had a friend who had a wedding shower and her "boyfriend" freaked that he couldn't go to that! He was sure that the shower was going to have male strippers and although it didn't...it wasn't any of his business. I will never understand people who are so insanely jealous for no reason at all. Like most freaky people, he didn't show that side of himself for a good while. He ingraciated himself into her life and slowly learned enough about her to be able to learn things about her that she doesn't want anyone else to know. Now, she's afraid that if she broke up with him, he would do whatever he could to get her in trouble with her job. He has even said that if she beaks up with him, he would "rock her world."

Why would anyone even want a person who is only with them out of fear that they will ruin her life? She doesn't love him, she doesn't even like the fool at this point. But, she is stuck in a relationship that she can't get out of. They were happy for the first few months and she enjoyed his company, thought he was so very kind and loving. Then, out of nowhere, he started acting like a jack ass and now she's worried that he will ruin her life if she did anything that didn't include him...much less break it off. So, basically, she is in a relationship prison and she hates him more and more every single day.

If anyone out there has any advice regarding how to get out of a relationship like that, I'd love to hear it. She is starting to set up an escape route...she's already told her boss that this guy is threatening to "tell lies to anyone who will listen" if she dumps him. She's waiting for the boss to say, "Don't worry...we wouldn't believe anything that the idiot said."

These types are so dangerous...they can actually trash a person's life if they wanted to do it. So, remember to date a person for a good while before letting them in on any aspects of your life that you wouldn't want broadcast to everyone that you know. It's a shame that we can't keep files on the creepy people so that others would be aware of them and their dirty tactics...but we can't. We just assume that most people are normal...especially if we find them attractive. There isn't much else that could make someone despise a person more than one who would hold them hostage in such a hideous manner.

Oh well...I certainly have learned a bit about people in general listening to my friend! Oh, she has even tried to do things that would get him to dump her but he doesn't seem to care about anything that she does as long as she doesn't leave him. How pathetic.

Well, I've been sitting up long enough...it's time to take a couple of pain pills and put the ice pack back on. I got a movie for Christmas called Snatch and I think now is a good time to watch it. So...I will!

You guys have a great day and I'll be back after a while.

See ya,

Meg

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My advice is that your friend get away from him...now. Not later. Now.

It isn't mentioned if they are living together. That may complicate things. But it's still do-able :)

I've worked in women's shelters and sexual assault centres as well as with people in need. My suggestion would also be that she contact a local women's shelter. They will advise her on how best to leave her present relationship with this Jerk.

January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Meg!

I'm glad you're feeling better :)
Snatch is a great movie. I'm a coincidental fan of Brad Pitt movies - just not of the actor itself in particular (especially after what he did to Jennifer Aniston).

Just playing devil's advocate here. But I'd actually like to hear THEIR side of the story - the "jealous freaks", that is. Like you said before:

...so many arguments happen when one person feels hurt and the other person totally doesn't get it. People want to get defensive because they didn't mean to hurt anyone and anger gets all misguided and before you know it, more feelings are hurt.

I'm not sure if I'm taking that out of context to your friend's particular situation. I'm not denying how your friend feels, and of course there's no excuse for the use of dirty tactics. But aren't there always two sides to every story?

I won't deny it. I've been known to be a green-eyed monster from time to time myself. And I wouldn't be surprised if my boyfriend thinks I'm a "jealous freak" too. I know I'm not perfect, and I've got my own issues to work out. But does that make me a bad person??

Just wondering what you think. Not of me, but just in general.

Cheryl

January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Meg...what a way to start it off huh?? I hope you are feeling better very soon!!

January 04, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thanks Mack! Yeah...but trust me...it could be much, much worse! I'm just glad this one didn't end with..."And we are giving you a 50/50 chance to survive the year."

Yeah, I hear ya Cheryl...and I haven't heard his side...but I did hear a few of his messages. They don't live together, thank God...but I know this chick. He isn't jealous of anything she did...his entire attitude seems to have changed. I know that he could have something to say that I haven't heard. But, I see no reason for him to threaten to "rock her world" if she does anything that he doesn't appreciate.

I just don't want my friend to end up having to hide in a shelter! I think Di is right...these types are a tad freaky.

But...I shall certainly ask Carol what the guy would say if I asked him why he's acting like that...I'm curious as to what she thinks his problem is besides (if there's anything else) "He's fucking NUTS!"

Meg

January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a theory about men who can't behave themselves in their relationships with women. The MEN should go to a shelter, not her.
He's shown he can't be trusted out in the world, so, shut him away until he can.
Short of that, she can just tell him to go deal with his shit. She doesn't need to know what his problem is. It's his behaviour that's the problem. And it doesn't need to be her problem. too.

She can behave well, so should he. IMHO

January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I, too, am glad about your better news this time re: surgery :)

January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fellow bloggers wish you well, Meg, and hope you are better soon.

We're also wondering if you'd want to meet in the Square one Saturday for lunch, and meet your two other Atlanta based bloggettes?

January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there girl

We all miss you and need you to hurry up and come back to work!

Sharon

Meggie,

You are too funny! I read the archives regarding the first entry and I am crying from laughing so hard. Who knew you had such a colorful past?

Jeannie

PS HURRY BACK!



Dear Meg,

You are missed!

Dr. "Smith"


Meg,

Best wishes and hurry back!

Tonya


Meg,

Boy oh boy do you have secrets! I love your little website here so now get well soon and get your aching back back here!!!!!!!!!!

Barb

YOU LITTLE WHIPPERSNAPPER! I had no idea what you have been up to when you arent at work!

Hurry back!

Shelly


Meggie,

We're all waiting for you to get back to work so get yourself better soon!

Love you and miss you, Jen



THE ENTIRE NURSING STAFF ON 4WEST!

January 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you should ask him out.

Now hurry back because it isn't the same without you.

January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home