.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I have a...

...box/clipboard that I carry to work. I use it to clip my patient's paperwork to as I work so that I have the info that I need close at hand. I keep my schedule and other paperwork inside the box.

I opened the box this morning when I spoke to the scheduler so that I could get my schedule out and write down the days that I was scheduling myself for. When I did, there was a box of chocolate candy in it! I have no clue whom it was that put it there...but I'm hoping that it was the cute male nurse that I spoke of recently. We didn't work on the same unit, but he did come to my unit to "pick up some paperwork". I almost asked him out right then and there, but I chickened out because there were so many people around us.

Well, if that candy was from him, and I'm assuming it was...my confidence has been boosted and I'm going to ask him out the next time I see him.

When we work together, we trade smart ass barbs and half ass flirtations. So, with the candy incident comes my chance to ask a guy out and I haven't done that in a while. I would love to know what you guys think of a woman who asks you out.

I think it's time that we stopped waiting for the guys to get up the nerve to do the asking...but I have one question...who pays? I would think that if I asked him out...I should at least offer to pay...don't you? Of course, I also think that the man should refuse to let the lady pay...but under the circumstances, I think that the lady should at least offer.

So, with any luck at all, I'll be asking the guy out sometime this week. I have that surgery today and I'll have to take a couple of days off...but as soon as I run into him (whether it be by accident or design) I will be finally be asking him out. I have no clue what to ask him out to do...but I'd like to have a plan when I do ask him.

So, my plan for the New Year is to ask men out more often and to have as much fun as I can have. I want to travel, date men that I see who turn me on and to stay healthy long enough to date a guy for a while wihtout having to complain about my health problems. I don't plan on finding a steady guy...but I wouldn't mind if I accidentally found one!

OK then, I have to bathe and shave my pits and legs today before the surgery. I hate being all hairy when I am going to be lying on an operating table wearing a hospital gown.

Unless I come up with something else to say before I leave, I should be back after I sleep off the sedation. I hate needles but I will be getting an IV started so I won't enjoy that...but the sedation should make that needle stick worth it. And if they give me versed...I should forget the stick anyway. So, the next time I speak to you guys, I'll be on the other side of the surgery. Now, just pray for me that it's as easy as the doc said it would be so that I can get back to work to ask the cute male nurse out ASAP!

Ciao ya'll!

Meg

6 Comments:

Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Good Luck Meg!! I'll keep thinking good thoughts for you while you are in la-la land :)

January 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery. With your good attitude, all will be well. Hope 2007 is your year! Ask the nurse out. Screw Rick to the wall regarding the insurance. Cuddle with your grandkids more. Have some fun.

January 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you invite him over either jan 13th or 14th to cook him dinner and watch the Bears game with you...

John

January 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you today...I hope all goes well with the surgery!

And ask the guy out already, sheesh!!!!!

January 02, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Ordinarily, I would absolutely wait for the guy to ask me out. But, this time I think I will do the asking...especially after reading these comments! I know what the lady who said that men should do the asking was talking about (only now I don't see her comment! I'll find it.) And besides, the idea about asking him over to watch the Bears game was the perfect idea...THAT'S what I'm going to do! And...I'm certainly taking the advice of the person who said, "Ask the nurse out. Screw Rick to the wall regarding the insurance. Cuddle with your grandkids more. Have some fun."

I love it!

You guys rock!

Meg

By the way, I'm back from the hospital and have taken a bunch of meds so I should be feeling just fine soon...before the "numbing medicine" (as the nurse who didn't know that I was a nurse called the lidocaine...LOL) wears off!

All went well and I'll know within 3 weeks if it worked.

January 02, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Here's the comment that I lost...



I've never asked a guy out. Maybe inadvertently, but never intentionally. I could be wrong, but here's my theory:

Guys always SAY they love aggressive women. Ones that will make the first move. But what happens when a woman DOES take the initiative? The man goes running for the hills. That, or they decline "politely". Why? Because it's ingrained into all male DNA - the desire to be the alpha male. Despite what they SAY, I think they still want to be the hunter - not the hunted.

Have you read "Why Men Love Bitches"? It's a pretty good one. In it, the author reasons that men who WIN the prize (i.e. the woman), value it much more than when it has been GIVEN to them. I think that's fairly true. I believe it applies to women, as well as other areas of life.

Here's the way I see it. I think the best way to ask a guy out is to convince HIM to ask you out. Not outright, but sort of make him believe that it was his idea all along. I hate mind games just as much as the next girl. But sadly, I've come to the conclusion that that's just the way the world works.

Anyhow, good luck Meg! Keep us posted :)


Cheryl

January 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home