.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hello there!

I'm having a relatively boring day. Except for going to the doctor, I have nothing to do so I think it's time to come up with a plan. As much as I like being alone most of the time, I do like the IDEA of having a steady guy to hang out with. What a predicament.

Basically, I would like a guy that I could stick in the drawer and bring out when I want to play with him. That kind of guy is tough to find. Most of them either suffocate me or ignore me, I can't seem to find an in-between type of guy.

There was the one guy who Rick accused me of cheating with. I never did cheat on Rick...and even after we broke up, the guy never took any opportunity to make a move on me. So, we remain friends, nothing else.

I haven't seen him in a while but over the weekend, I heard something that I find rather distressing. My son ran into him at a sports bar the other night and the guy stuck to my son and his friends like glue. One of my son's friends was drunk and for some reason, he invited my friend to come with them to another one of my son's friend's house. So, he did. I used to wonder why this guy never made any moves on me but I stopped wondering a long time ago and just accepted the fact that he and I were going to be nothing but friends. But...I don't like the idea of my son and I sharing a friend. I doubt that my son likes it much either. As a matter of fact...I know he doesn't.

This guy is nice enough, but he's rather odd...in a quirky sort of way. He plays the accordion and the mandolin...not that there's anything wrong with that. But, it is tough to keep a straight face while being serenaded with an accordion. I try really hard, but I can draw blood biting my lip as hard as it takes to keep myself from cracking up. Oh well...it could always be worse.

Anyway, that leaves me back where I started...with nothing to do. I think I'm going to just go out and find myself something fun to do that doesn't require accompaniment. I'd love to go bowling...but I hate not being able to take score and it seems as though parents don't teach their kids bowling manners anymore. On top of that, every time I go, the shoes stick and the lady working at the counter just says, "Yeah...you need your own shoes, ours always do that." Seriously.

Alrighty then...off I am to find an adventure. To paraphrase Frodo..."Be careful when you leave the house, you never know where your feet are going to take you." Well, I'm curious to find out. So, I'll be on my way...to where I do not know. But, I'll be back soon!

Meg

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I been readin your blogspot and i need to say that your wrong. There are reasons to cheat on peopel sometime. My husband is vilent and he wont get a job. I been paying the bills for months and he wont work at all. so what do you say when a man is vilent?

January 23, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well, talk about not being able to keep from laughing...it's tough to believe that someone could love a moron...but I've been known to date a pion or two in my day. But...to answer your question...you just leave. If he is really vi-O-lent or lazy, you leave him. At least tell him the truth so that he can find someone else if he so desires. You could go for counseling...jeez, I don't know what to tell such a freak.

Maybe there will be someone else who wants to take the time to answer your ridiculous questions.

January 23, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Did you guys ever notice how people think that their neighbors are stupid? In New York they make fun of Jersey, in Georgia they make fun of Alabama, in Illinois they make fun of Wisconsin, in Virginia they make fun of West Virginia and in California, they make fun of Oregon.

I find that interesting.

January 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you Meg, I had a male friend, Nic, we would do dvd nights, take eachother out as partner if the need required it, we would simply hang out.. I loved it, but then he met his fiance and well that was that lol
We never shagged, but we werent for eachother for that reason, we were best buddies lol.
If you find a "Nic" let me know if he has a brother LOL

January 23, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Absolutely! I have a few guy friends and I adore them. For some reason, they never seem to be as competitive nor as catty as some chicks can be. Also, they seem to be more fun. I do occasionally make a female friend who I find to be fun to hang out with, but for some reason, they always seem to leave the state, LOLOLOL..

The last chick I met who I admired was Melissa, a really cool lady that I met while I was locked up last February. I got out first and when she did, she left for Arizona. I adore her and love speaking to her. That reminds me...I have to call her!


See ya!

January 23, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

I can't believe that anon #1 would actually justify cheating because her husband is lazy or because he is violent.

I agree with what Meg said, but I'd also like to add that she's making her situation worse by cheating on a violent husband.

She should either encourage him to go for counseling, or leave her husband and file a restraining order. Cheating is the cowards way out.

January 23, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OOOHH! Great point! Wish I'd thought of that! But you are SOOO right, I'm the most peaceful person that I know and even I would have liked to have strangled Rick when I found out he was cheating!

I'm so glad you wrote that!


Meg

January 23, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

oh, this came out as a joke- that's not how I meant it, but yes, it is funny

Here's the revised version:

I agree with what Meg said, but I'd also like to add that Anon #1 is making her situation worse by cheating on a violent husband.

lol

January 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home