.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, January 22, 2007

I was reading another blog...

...and the guy who writes it (Andrew from To Love Honor and Dismay) mentioned love songs. He put the words to his favorite love song and invited his readers to do the same. So, I did. I have always loved In My Life by the Beatles although there isn't any one guy who I associate it with. I guess I'm still waiting for someone to feel that way about me. These are the words:

There are places i'll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends i still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life i've loved them all
But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When i think of love as something new
Though i know i'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know i'll often stop and think about them
In my life i love you more
Though i know i'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know i'll often stop and think about them
In my life i love you more
In my life i love you more

I've had many songs with many guys over the years. Sister Golden Hair still reminds me of Mark Sokol from 1975. I Honestly Love You will forever be the song that brings back memories of Dave Bachar (my highschool sweetheart). There are a few others and I always smile when I hear them. Rick and I shared a couple of songs, Rock Steady was probably the one that was "our song". But, I can't listen to that one with any fond memories just yet.

With any luck at all...The Super Bowl Shuffle will be my song to share with the guy who came over yesterday to watch the game with me. My cheering, yelling and all around bitching at the TV didn't scare him off so he'll be back for the Super Bowl. His team was out of the running early so he is cheering for the Bears...for me.

I had such a great time, after the game we sat and chatted for hours, sipping that bottle of champagne that I've been saving for a special occasion. We listened to 70's music and just enjoyed each others company. When he left, I walked him to the door and there was that uncomfortable moment when I could tell he wanted to kiss me but didn't know if he should. So, I took care of that...I grabbed his head and planted a big fat juicy one on him.

It was so nice not to have to fight a guy off on the first date...he was the perfect gentleman. He didn't even mind when I received a phone call from someone I haven't heard from in years, the wife of an ex-Bear who was on the team that won the Super Bowl in the 85-86 season. She found me through the blog and invited me to a party that a bunch of them are having in Chi-Town and I'm going to do everything I can to make it there. I hope I can go...there's someone that I would LOVE to see again.

Anyway, I'm going to look up plane prices to Chicago now. I'll be back later, have a great day and send me your own love songs...I'd love to hear what songs you guys remember.

See ya,

Meg

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look out Meg the Colts are coming. Payton has learned not to choke wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

January 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Meg,

Congrats on your date! Take a pic together so we can see what this hottie looks like :)

Anyway, just wanted to comment on your earlier post. You were bang on when you said:

I know from experience and from watching friends that if a person leaves their spouse before they're ready to leave, they'll regret the decision and just end up going back for more abuse later.

I think that's basically it. Sometimes when I really hear the things I'm saying to my friends, I think, "Cheryl, listen to yourself! Why are you putting up with this??" But somehow I end up convincing myself otherwise (afterall, maybe it's not as bad as I think it is?), and instead here I am. Perhaps one day I'll reach my breaking point, but I can assuredly say that I haven't yet. Despite the countless amount of time I've "wasted" in the past/present, I think it's a necessary learning process. Looking back (and presently), I don't think I'd change a thing, it's just something that I know I had/have to do. It sounds nonsensicle, I know. Just hoping for the best I guess.

Anyway, I just wanted wish the lady who wrote to you the best of luck. My heart goes out to her.

Cheryl

P.S. Oh and my bf hasn't read ANY of your posts that I've emailed to him! God, what does it take to get through to them??

January 22, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Buddy,

I learned a LONG time ago to save the trash talking for the two minute warning, or else I jinx meself...so, have at it little man!

Cheryl,

I'm glad that someone else gets what I meant and yes...sooner or later, when you are ready...you'll do what you need to do. Until then, you're doing what you need to do NOW!!! Best of luck and I'm sure you'll be fine. Just take the BF's lack of reading what you've asked him to read as a sign that he isn't as "into" your feelings as he should be. Stack that file in your mind and consider it when it's time to do so. I have faith in you...you're thoughtful, considerate and kind-hearted. Some man will be extremely lucky to have you.

I work with the guy from yesterday and far too many people that I work with have the addy to this site...I fear a public outing...but if I do manage a shot...I will email it to you!!!

Meggers

January 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home