.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I heard that an Air Tran...

...flight was recently annoyed by a family who simply could not keep their kids quiet. The airline finally kicked the family off the plane. I had that problem once.

A few years ago I was headed back from Heathrow and there was a family with 3 kids who would simply not stay in their seats. They were running up and down the aisles and playing with flashlights as we tried to watch the in flight movie. They were loud, annoying, and the parents did NOTHING to stop them. I spoke to the flight attendant who spoke to the parents but it did no good. I took matters into my own hands. The father and I were both in aisle seats, across from each other and he was a few seats ahead of me. Everytime the kids acted up, I bounced a tic-tac off the man's head, then I pretended to be alseep when he looked back. Like Pavlov's dogs, he eventually made the connection and he finally shut the brats up.

I often wonder where that father is and how annoying the kids are now that they're a few years older.

OK, I had to tell you guys that. I woke up at 4 and wrote a LONG post but the puter crashed and I just got back on. So...when I'm up to writing that all again, I'll be back.

See ya soon!

Meg

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Meg,
I sooooooo agree with you. The airline did the right thing. How anoying is it when someone lets their kids run and do just whatever they want to do. Do these parents not realize if they don't put a stop it this when their child is 3 their child is going to walk all over them when she is 15. Some parents just don't get it. They should have told that child to sit down in that seat and keep quiet.

January 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there!

I just wanted to thank you for adding me to your blogroll (you were one of the first to do so) and as a token of my appreciation I have added you to my "Darn Folks Who Link Me" Screenshot list!

See you around the blog! ;)

January 24, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Exactly. And the kid was hitting the PARENTS! Even at 3, my kids knew what an invitation to the rest room was and none of them would have dared accept one!

Also, other than MacDonald's, I never took my kids to restaurants until they could BEG to go and PROMISE to sit down and behave. By the time going out to a sit down restaurant was allowed, they would have never misbehaved. They certainly weren't perfect, but they most assuredly could settle down with a mother's evil eye.

We aren't doing children any favors by not allowing parents to parent. And to top it all off, those parents weren't even too ashamed to stay off of national television with the kid continuing to be a brat! Unbelieveable.

Meg

January 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parents today, well some parents today, don't want to be a parent but instead want to be their kids best friend.

If they don't discipline their offspring at an early child, it's hardly the child's fault. Parents need to be parents - forget what's going on with other families & concentrate on raising good kids with good morals.

I say kudos to Air Tran for taking that course of action!

January 24, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

You're soooo right. I did smack mine when they were little, so little they don't remember being smacked. They grew up knowing they had to listen, but they weren't quite sure why. They just knew that something, though they knew not what, bad would happen if they didn't. If you asked them, they'd say that I never hit them. The trick is to do it before they can rat you out verbally, LOLOLOL.

Meg

January 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually sent Air Tran an e-mail yesterday, applauding their actions. All of the news and media agencies here seem to be on the side of the bratty three year old, and the poor excuse for parents. Air Tran would probably like to know that they are supported!

January 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home