.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Hi there...

I took the wee ones to the Georgia Aquarium on Sunday and they loved it. I took a bunch of pictures of their amazed faces. They did that face so often that I ran out of film before I get to the fish touching pools. It was quite impressive and I'm hard to impress, having come from Chicago, the home of some of the best zoos, aquariums and museums in the world.

The Georgia Aquarium is the largest in the world and it has whalles and whale sharks and some huge catfish. It had some huge hish...period. There were beautiful jelly-fish and amazing seahorses. They had tiny worms of some sort that stuck their heads out of the sand and then went back in when a fish came by. They acted in unison and it was pretty neat. The kids couldn't see much because of how short they are but I taught them to push their way through the crowd, they'd never see anything if they didn't do that. And as short as they are, nobody really minds because even 7 year olds can see over them.

I bought us all season passes so I can bring them back and go by myself again, that's pretty cool. Now I have someplace fun to go for free if I want to.

So I had the housekeepers over with the grandchildren. That's sort of like mixing an acid with an alkali...you just get a base and start out neutral again. So, I hope that the housekeepers come back before the kids do this time, I'd love to start ahead of the game just once.

The Bears won today...I was pleased but I didn't get to see the game since I was at the aquarium and I'm glad. They won in overtime and I don't think I could have really handled that much tension. I prefer games where the Bears are so far ahead that my heart doesn't skip a beat when the other team scores.

I hear Bonanza coming on in the backgroud...that means that it's 6 AM. I think I want to make waffles today....doesn't that sound good? I think so. If I make them now my kid can have one before he leaves. He'd say "No" if I asked him but if I just hand him the waffles, he'll eat it. So, that's what I'm gonna do.

See ya,

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the date with the foreign nurse
who you were going to have over and watch the bears game??

That was my idea and you mentioned you like it :-)

Anyway...your bears won, my Colts won...maybe we'll meet
in the super bowl..

January 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home