.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, January 05, 2007

WOW!!!


I just got back online after encountering the blue screen of death. I never did get to call Rick because the number is on the computer and now too much time has passed to call Technican Man...as I always called my ex. He's probably at work and I don't want to bug him there.

I have to run so I can't stay as long as I like to but I was thinking about something as I was waiting for the puter to come back on...well, two things, actually.

First of all, they had a tornado warning or watch or whatever on ALL of the fricking channels. This awful weather chick was on the channel that People's Court is supposed to be on and I was extremely annoyed. She stumbled over everything she said and didn't seem to know how to ad lib at all. She actually said to the "...kids at home who's parents are at work...go to shelter RIGHT NOW!!!! This happpened last year...I remember it and it was QUITE DEADLY...so TAKE SHLTER NOW!!!" She scared the hell out of me and I'm 48 years old.

Anyway...I bought some bags of candy...those 59 cents or 2 for a buck bags at the service stations. Well, I don't know how much serving they do...but the place where you buy lottery tickets, gas and Slush-puppies. You know...the place with the shriveled up hot dogs. Well, I was emptying the bags into a "candy box" that I have...it's a cardboard box that has one of the pictures painted originally by the famous guy who does lights so welll...I'm blanking on his name. Well, anyway...

...I poured the candies and assorted goodies into the box and put the lid on it. Then, I looked at the box and realized that William could eat them and I would never be wise to him. He has become quite adept at taking just enough of whatever it is he is taking from me so that I don't know for sure if he's taken any or not. He could take one of everything and put a good dent in my supply and I would never know it. So, I decided to count my candy. This is my candy list:

14 pixie sticks
18 gum drops
3 Kit-Kat Bars
8 rolls of Smarties
8 large gummy bears
10 licorice sticks...red
36 jelly beans

Then, I added this to the paper on which I wrote my list...

"Let he who is without fear dare to violate the items contained on this list of candies and assorted goodies."

I was listening to the 70's channel and they had some pretty good music on for a change. As a matter of fact...I still am and they still are. Anyway, I suddenly laughed and realized that I make me laugh. I like me. I can have fun just being with me. I like traveling and I like going out...but I like me a lot too. And wherever I am, I enjoy being with me. If you can't do that...it doesn't matter where you go or what you do...you'll be with someone you don't like.

And...wherever I am, I like being with me. I like being at work, I like talking to my patients, making them feel better and hearing about their grandchildren. They're fun to chat with. They like me for stopping to chat with them. They will all talk to you if you let them and I enjoy listening to them. I like my job. I enjoy myself when I'm working...I like using my brain for something so productive.

I like being at home with me. I wish the house was cleaner but I met this lady at work the other day and I think I'm going to hire her to start cleaning my house. I've paid Merry Maids to do it and this lady can't be any more than Merry Maids and she'd probably do a better job because I would pay her well. She's worked at the hospital for 9 years so I know that she's reliable. I enjoy being in my house...and now I'm going to clean it up...with a checkbook. I like doing special things for me. I deserve it.

I like being in the grocery store. I like comparing prices and picking out strawberries and raspberries and blueberries...instead of meat, meat and more meat. I buy some for my kid...but he cooks it himself. I just cut the green stuff off the strawberries and dip them in strawberry yogurt. On the rare occasion that I feel like eating meat...I go and buy a very small steak...the best cut they have...but I don't pay much because I'm buying a tiny steak for one and I enjoy cooking it with what I like, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Then, I like eating with me. I have impeccable table manners. I like shopping and cooking and eating...all for me. I like doing domestic crap with me. I'm fun to putter around the house with.

I like going out with me. I'm fun to be with and I laugh a LOT when I go out. I have a LOT of fun because I'm out and that's what I do when I go out...I have fun. And when I'm having fun, I laugh. I like to laugh. Even if I have an annoying, loud and abrasive laugh. I don't mean to and it's probably not as bad as I'm making it out to be...but I don't care anyway. I enjoy laughing. And I enjoy being with me.

Now, I'm going to hang out with myself some more because I'm really a fun person to be around.

Anyway, I put my list of candies and assorted goodies on top of the cardboard box (PAINTED BY...Kincaid. I remembered!) and walked over here to my desk. Suddenly...I was able to sign on and tell you how much I enjoy me...because I had to tell you that.

See ya,

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, I like hanging out here with you too! You are fun and witty and crack me up with your attitudes! Never change!

January 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Meg,

You are too funny! Well isn't that the truth. We gotta be content with ourselves before we can ever truly be content with anyone else.

Cheryl

P.S. Maybe you should listen to the weather lady and TAKE SHELTER NOW?

January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home