.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Something that I was...

...thinking about recently (and found it's way into Infidelities for Dummies), was how many things in my house I've had since the day Rick and I picked them out.

I sat in the living room looking around and everything from the couch to the paintings on the wall, we got together. Then I looked down the hall and saw the small table and mirror that I thought was an antique but ended up being from some mall store who's name I can't recall at the moment. It'll come to me.

Anyway, about 98% of the stuff in this house has a story that starts with the word, "we". "We were shopping for a couch and we spotted this one..." "We were at the mall one day and I mentioned that I liked a lamp..." We, we, we.

Damn, I wish I had some more popsicles. I can eat more than a box in one day. There are 6 of them in that box and I eat them 2 at a time.

So, I called a couple of places for the real estate thing, one real estate office and I got the addy to one online course. I tried calling my father but I just got the answering machine. I could have him look over the internet one, if it doesn't matter in the long run, it would be easier to do it from home. But, if a certificate from an online program is like a Venezuelan medical license, I don't want to do anything like that.

Oh well. Hopefully my dad will call me back soon and he won't have some problem with the nut lady that will take forever to fully argue about. I had planned on going to Florida but as long as the nut lady is there, I don't want to be.

I was watching commercials yesterday and I cuoldn't believe how lame they're getting. One product claimed to make your skin more "resilient and supple". Guaranteed.

The only problem is how do you prove that? How do you tell if you skin is more resilient? I sure don't know my supple score.

Then there are some diarrhea medicines that make you able to squat safely. I can't BELIEVE those commercials.

And my absolute WORST types of commercials are the ones that you can't zap or mute because they have them ON the movie, during the movie, taking up half of the screen. What the hell is that all about? I remember the first time I saw that, it was for some shark program and the television screen just turned red with blood at the bottom before it would tell you what it was. I couldn't believe they would do that then and I'm stunned at how much they do it now.

My mind is drawing a blank...I hate that. I had something else I wanted to say but I had to finish that paragraph first...how I've forgotten what I was gonna say. Oh well. My kitchen is a mess so I should really clean that up. I'll pop back in when I remember what it was I was gonna say. OK?

Meg

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meg,
Just wondering, whatever happened to your cleaning lady? Did your son get his new car?

I am trying to remember a quote from a career book on Real Estate Agents, but will tell you when I find it...warning it is not too nice a comment...lol.

February 20, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Actually, she was here Sunday while I had the hangover. I wrote a list of things that I wanted her to do if she was ging to do my house at all. The dirst time she didn't dust things that I specifically ran my finger over the show her how it needed dusting. So, I just made a lis and she pretty much followed it. I thuink I can do better, but she'll do for now.

My son JUST got the name of the insurance company today, he never got it the night of the accident but the cops told him that it would be on the report which became available today so right now he is out getting a rental car that the insurance company is suppoosed to be paying for. My biggest fear is that he'll take the first offer anyone makes just to be able to get the car that he wants. We'll see.

And let me know if you remember that quote, I can handle it. I'm not an agent yet!

See ya!

Meggers

February 20, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

Do you remember the part in the movie, "Forrest Gump" - after Jenny left Forrest, Forrest stared at her empty bed, then he stared out into the balcony for days? That's how I was after my husband suddenly left me - I sat alone in the living room staring blankly at the things that we had collected together over 10 years. The feelings are sadly intense - as if he had passed away!

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I am very hooked on your "infidelities for dummies" website. I can't wait until you talk more about "Amber" lol You should also put a copyright on your site- your writing is really great!

February 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home